Delmon Young

DBAHO

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 04:44 AM)
His name is BJ.

Can anyone revert me to some of the things Dukes has done that make him such a cancer?

Dukes has a very serious anger management problem. He's gotten into many fights with his teammates. Since I have a great source within the organization, I can safely say he's one of the worst cases of a player with an attitude problem in sports.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
His name is BJ.

Can anyone revert me to some of the things Dukes has done that make him such a cancer?

Since 2003

4 arrests in Tampa including beating his girlfreind

Led the SL in ejections (10) serving a 3 and 6 game suspensions.

Fights with teamates including a couple of walkouts

Fights with coaching staff which lead to 6 suspension and another 5 game suspension

And the comments he made about the Durham Bulls organization

And of course the most funny his challenge to Sean Tracey and no teamates came to his rescue and serveral of those players the next day went on record saying they hoped he would get the spiff knocked out of him.

Here is the comments made about Durham:

In the big leagues, you throw your uniform on the ground and it's washed and hung up nicely in your locker. Here, you do that, you come back the next day and find it still on the floor. Those guys up there (in the big leagues) shower in Evian. Here we use sewer water."

Edited by BHAMBARONS

I'd like to point out here that things like "attitude" and "character" in athletes, while subjective in nature, absolutely have an effect on players' careers, even the very talented ones. Plenty of huge talents have self-destructed. This guy seems to have that written all over him. For that reason if no other, I wouldn't go christening him the next Pujols. Guys who act like this kid acts, more often than not, tend to implode at some point in their careers and end up being no more than a flash in the pan. Not always, but often.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:56 AM)
I'd like to point out here that things like "attitude" and "character" in athletes, while subjective in nature, absolutely have an effect on players' careers, even the very talented ones. Plenty of huge talents have self-destructed. This guy seems to have that written all over him. For that reason if no other, I wouldn't go christening him the next Pujols. Guys who act like this kid acts, more often than not, tend to implode at some point in their careers and end up being no more than a flash in the pan. Not always, but often.

His brother is not exactly a paragon of society either.