Great trade deadline information

Guest JimH

Thats some good stuff. I'm not a fan of baseball prospectus but Carroll has a lot of sources and just did a real nice job summing up what is going on.

I assume he's going to be updating that throughout the days till the deadline passes so I'll be checking up on that site every once in a while.

Thats a great deal the Astros may make for Tejada. Everett and Ensberg are nice, but Tejada is a star and if it costs you one darn good prospect and two decent players for a star you do it, imo.

The offer they asked the Angels for was much more ridiculous, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Angels made a last second offer that included some damn good prospects. I would have said someone like Suanders could really influence the O's but with Colon going down Saunders goes off the market as being a final trade chip (along with one or two more bonafide top notch prospects).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:19 PM)
Thats a great deal the Astros may make for Tejada. Everett and Ensberg are nice, but Tejada is a start and if it costs you one darn good prospect and two decent players for a star you do it, imo.

The offer they asked the Angels for was much more ridiculous, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Angels made a last second offer that included some damn good prospects. I would have said someone like Suanders could really influence the O's but with Colon going down Saunders goes off the market as being a final trade chip (along with one or two more bonafide top notch prospects).

If the Astros can get Tejada without giving up Hunter Pence or Jason Hirsh, then I think they've done very well.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:20 PM)
I still we be very surprised if Soriano's not traded for H. Sanchez and another prospect.

With Lee being traded, the Tigers probably will concentrate most of their efforts on acquiring Soriano right now I would say.

But they shouldn't give in to Bowden's demands. It's not like they desperately need him anyways, with the way they're playing.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 02:26 AM)
But they shouldn't give in to Bowden's demands. It's not like they desperately need him anyways, with the way they're playing.

My brother talked to a lot of scouts today, and they don't think Sanchez is nearly as good of a prospect as he's being made out to be.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:12 PM)
Here's the link, this will be fun to watch over the next three days. Carroll is as connected as anyone, he's the guy who called the Prior injury problems.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/article.php?articleid=5355

Good info, but I wouldn't say calling Prior's injury problems is any special.

Only 3 more days, this is going to get interesting.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 02:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good info, but I wouldn't say calling Prior's injury problems is any special.

Only 3 more days, this is going to get interesting.

If he called them today, no they wouldn't be. But he called them when no one really knew what was going on with him and the Cubs were keeping everything secretive while telling everyone he would be fine and back for spring training. I think him calling Prior's injury problems was pretty damn impressive.