Miguel Tejada

DBAHO

Yikes for the Angels;

The Baltimore Sun is reporting that the Orioles have rejected the Angels' offer of Ervin Santana and Triple-A shortstop Erick Aybar for Miguel Tejada.

The Orioles also have reportedly rejected the Astros offer of Adam Everett and third baseman Morgan Ensberg for Tejada, but the two teams were still trying to work out a deal late on Saturday night. The Texas Rangers and the Los Angeles Dodgers are also believed to be pursuing Tejada. The Rangers would give up Hank Blalock and prospects, and the Dodgers are offering shortstop Cesar Izturis and a couple of top prospects. It is believed if the Angels add Casey Kotchman to the deal the Orioles would accept it, but that is a ton to give up.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:23 AM)
If we get Tejada, it's gonna suck when he's caught using steroids.

Honestly, almost all of us know he's on them, whether you admit it or not.

really?

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 06:11 AM)
Yikes for the Angels;

i guess the O's just think they have too much good pitching. with russ ortiz around, who needs ervin santana?

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 08:41 AM)
really?

i guess the O's just think they have too much good pitching. with russ ortiz around, who needs ervin santana?

Not only that, but Aybar is a highly regarded prospect. The O's should have pulled the trigger on this one most definitely

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 09:31 AM)
Not only that, but Aybar is a highly regarded prospect. The O's should have pulled the trigger on this one most definitely

The BBTN guys were scratching their heads least night when they heard the O's passed up that offer.

If the Rangers can get that deal done their lineup will be stacked especially if the sign Clee long term.

Mathews jr.

Ian Kinsler

Michael Young

Miggy Tejeda

Mark Tex.

Carlos Lee

Mark Derosa

Gerald Laird

John Botts... Im not sure on first name? or Brad Wilk but not sure if he is a f/a to be.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 11:29 AM)
Supposedly Tejada is balking at playing 3B which is where he would play for both the Angels and Rangers. I think he stays in Baltimore.

I can't believe where some guys put winning on their list of priorities.

Even A-Rod, a guy that everyone hates, switched positions for a better opportunity to win. He decided that winning was more important than having the glory of being the SS. And the guy he moved for is actually a worse SS than him. Tejada won't move to 3rd for a guy that might be a better SS than him (OC)? I'm not sure how good Young is, though.

Screw him. He apparently doesn't care very much about winning. Keep pumping those steroids there, Miggy.

I can't believe the Stros were thinking of dealing Oswalt, Ensberg, and Everett to the O's for Tejada. Are you kidding me??? And the reason they came to their senses was because they were afraid the O's were going to deal Oswalt to the Rangers, which would be a PR nightmare. That's just insane.

QUOTE(iamshack @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
I can't believe the Stros were thinking of dealing Oswalt, Ensberg, and Everett to the O's for Tejada. Are you kidding me??? And the reason they came to their senses was because they were afraid the O's were going to deal Oswalt to the Rangers, which would be a PR nightmare. That's just insane.

Where did you see that they actually included Oswalt in talks? That would be horribly stupid. And if they did even mention Oswalt, that deal should have been done.

The O's should have grabbed Santana when they had the chance.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 12:15 AM)
Where did you see that they actually included Oswalt in talks? That would be horribly stupid. And if they did even mention Oswalt, that deal should have been done.

The O's should have grabbed Santana when they had the chance.

I've heard now that talks between Houston and the O's have broken off, most likely because Balti wanted Oswalt, at least that would be my guess.

I'll second the Santana notion.

Edited by Rowand44

Ken Rosenthal writes that the Orioles and Astros had a deal on the table that would've sent Roy Oswalt, Adam Everett and a third player to Baltimore for Miguel Tejada, but it was killed by Peter Angelos.

The Orioles are the worst run franchise in baseball. Two deals that favored the Orioles were both shot down.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)
Ken Rosenthal writes that the Orioles and Astros had a deal on the table that would've sent Roy Oswalt, Adam Everett and a third player to Baltimore for Miguel Tejada, but it was killed by Peter Angelos.

The Orioles are the worst run franchise in baseball. Two deals that favored the Orioles were both shot down.

OH. MY. GOD.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:25 AM)

This is what it says on Rotoworld, from the same source (Rosenthal):

The Astros have dropped out of the bidding for Miguel Tejada, according to FOXSports.com's Ken Rosenthal.

Rosenthal says the Astros were willing to give up Roy Oswalt, Morgan Ensberg and Adam Everett for Tejada, but the Orioles still couldn't make it work. Baltimore was trying to spin Oswalt to the Rangers for Hank Blalock, shortstop prospect Joaquin Arias and a top pitching prospect, something that seemingly would have put the organization in much better position for 2007 and beyond. However, the deal was killed by Orioles owner Peter Angelos. The Astros were nervous about Oswalt going to Texas anyway and may have chosen to try something different. "It's over," an Astros official told FOXSports.com Sunday night. "We told them we're not dealing with them anymore." The Angels are also reportedly out of the mix for Tejada, suggesting that the shortstop will remain with the Orioles until the offseason.

Source: FOXSports.com

Heh, reading an article over at BTF on this situation, a quote something along the lines of, "The Astros informed several teams that Oswalt won't be available anymore" came up.

You KNOW that Kenny was in on that, even if it hasn't been reported yet.

My guess is that Kenny might've offered a package something along the lines of Garcia + Podsednik + Fields. Just a wild-ass guess though, nothing more, so don't read into it.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:22 PM)
I can't believe where some guys put winning on their list of priorities.

Even A-Rod, a guy that everyone hates, switched positions for a better opportunity to win. He decided that winning was more important than having the glory of being the SS. And the guy he moved for is actually a worse SS than him. Tejada won't move to 3rd for a guy that might be a better SS than him (OC)? I'm not sure how good Young is, though.

Screw him. He apparently doesn't care very much about winning. Keep pumping those steroids there, Miggy.

I used to be big on Tejada-is-on-steroids, but not anymore. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his consecutive games played.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 03:27 PM)
I used to be big on Tejada-is-on-steroids, but not anymore. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt because of his consecutive games played.

He very likely was on steroids, but it doesn't mean he's still not a great player.

First off, THe Orioles are complete idiots if thats true so I have my doubts as to whether thats true. Maybe they wanted more than Tejada, who knows.

But if its true, get on the phone Kenny and offer them Brandon McCarthy and whoever else they want for Oswalt (if they also are intrigued with Garcia/Buehrle/Vazquez) than give them both. If its Buehrle/Bmac than thats it, no more, if its Garcia or Vazquez and McCarthy I'd still give up Broadway or Fields and a guy like Valido.

Oswalt is an ace and would give us what we need and would help us more than just this year.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 11:58 AM)
First off, THe Orioles are complete idiots if thats true so I have my doubts as to whether thats true. Maybe they wanted more than Tejada, who knows.

But if its true, get on the phone Kenny and offer them Brandon McCarthy and whoever else they want for Oswalt (if they also are intrigued with Garcia/Buehrle/Vazquez) than give them both. If its Buehrle/Bmac than thats it, no more, if its Garcia or Vazquez and McCarthy I'd still give up Broadway or Fields and a guy like Valido.

Oswalt is an ace and would give us what we need and would help us more than just this year.

I agree. BMAC would be on the first plane out if we could get Oswalt.

If that trade rumor was true, then Peter Angelos is the worst GM in the history of everything. You do that trade, and you don't think twice about it. Period.

I also have moved the O's up the list of "Worst Franchises in the History of Sports," now up there with the NFL's Arizona Cardinals and the NBA's Atlanta Hawks.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:51 PM)
If that trade rumor was true, then Peter Angelos is the worst GM in the history of everything. You do that trade, and you don't think twice about it. Period.

I also have moved the O's up the list of "Worst Franchises in the History of Sports," now up there with the NFL's Arizona Cardinals and the NBA's Atlanta Hawks.

Owner, he's the owner. And that's the biggest problem. He doens't let the GM do what's best for the team. He interferes.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:52 PM)
Owner, he's the owner. And that's the biggest problem. He doens't let the GM do what's best for the team. He interferes.

He's the owner? What the HELL is he thinking?! That makes it even worse!

Ugh, I should have read the article more closely. My bad.