7/29/06 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:05 PM)
i'm also blacked out -- is garland pitching that bad?

started out ok, then just made a couple of mistake pitches, now cant recover...

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:05 PM)
i'm also blacked out -- is garland pitching that bad?

Yep....he's given up 3 hits with 2 strikes on the batter. Everything he throws is up in the zone. Our strategy on the field has left a lot to be desired also.

I am still trying to figure out how the rookie got out of the top half of this inning without getting destroyed. He had nothing but a medicore fastball. He threw a hanging curve for a strike, and managed to get out of it with only giving up one run.

Jon on the other side, decided to forget that he is good when he throws strikes, but not high ones.

Hopefully he will take off the ruby slippers for the rest of the game.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:08 PM)
I am still trying to figure out how the rookie got out of the top half of this inning without getting destroyed. He had nothing but a medicore fastball. He threw a hanging curve for a strike, and managed to get out of it with only giving up one run.

Jon on the other side, decided to forget that he is good when he throws strikes, but not high ones.

Hopefully he will take off the ruby slippers for the rest of the game.

Terrible base running. We've made more outs on the bases in the last month than we did all last year.

We'll see who comes out of the dugout next inning....Jon...or Judy.....

:ph34r:

I loved how DJ said that according to the Sox scouting report, that Johnson didn't have a curve ball....yet we've seen it a lot in his first inning of work.

Just out of curiousity, how many young pitchers have shut us down over the past 5 years? What the hell are our scouts doing when they're supposed to be scouting this guys?