7/29/06 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have seen some bad and dumb at bats in my life, but that decision by Podsednik to swing 2-0 in that situation is right at the top of the list. Really dumb.

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:22 PM)
It's Bizzaro Pods. He is striking out looking and getting picked off since he came to the Sox.

Fixed

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
I have seen some bad and dumb at bats in my life, but that decision by Podsednik to swing 2-0 in that situation is right at the top of the list. Really dumb.

Well said! Even if you take a strike, you still don't have to worry about eventually striking out.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:23 PM)
If we're worth a crap, we absolutely can't lose this game. Our hottest pitcher vs. a minor league scrub from a bad team. That would be pathetic.

Agreed. Johnson has looked fishing terrible.

Joe Crede needs a day off....

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:24 PM)
Nice throw Crede. So much for last nights game feeding over to todays.

Now we need Jon to man up and pitch over this.

good luck

Guest $I Need Money$

what the hell is going on in the game? fishing comcast is f***ed up and now its not showing the game there's just a black screen.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
Gload has more range than Kong at 1B, but Kong is much softer hands than Gload.

Everyone on the team says Gload is this Gold Glove caliber 1st baseman, but I've yet to see it.

This rook has one pitch that he can throw for a strike. All that Mazzone is having him do, is pitch away from contact and go low and away. A few of our hitters last inning figure that out and didnt do too much with it. If its in, pull it. If its away hit it up the middle or oppo. Eventually this kid will miss location over the middle of the plate and get rocked. We just need our hitters to make better decisions than Pods did in the last inning. 2-0 with a pitcher that is all over the plate, and mighty mouse decides to swing. vomits

congrats Minny and Detroit, with that inning we officially conceded the AL central and WC spot, not being able to get a sac fly or hit with men in easy position seems unending, and I think the mental rut this team is in may not be overcome this season, they simply expect to fail in those situations

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:28 PM)
This rook has one pitch that he can throw for a strike. All that Mazzone is having him do, is pitch away from contact and go low and away. A few of our hitters last inning figure that out and didnt do too much with it. If its in, pull it. If its away hit it up the middle or oppo. Eventually this kid will miss location over the middle of the plate and get rocked. We just need our hitters to make better decisions than Pods did in the last inning. 2-0 with a pitcher that is all over the plate, and mighty mouse decides to swing. vomits

Gload made it look so easy when he just served the low sinker to left field.

QUOTE(stretchstretch @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:29 PM)
congrats Minny and Detroit, with that inning we officially conceded the AL central and WC spot, not being able to get a sac fly or hit with men in easy position seems unending, and I think the mental rut this team is in may not be overcome this season, they simply expect to fail in those situations

Wow

JimH....at what point does the organization try someone else in LF? The sad thing is that Mackowiak is a bigger threat on the bases than Pods has become.

Unless something changes on the trade front in the next 48 hrs. they're sticking with the same personnel. They keep hoping Podsednik gets it going and gets on a streak but it hasn't happened. Mackowiak should absolutely get a start or two out there, if nothing else than to send a message.

It will be interesting to see how Podsednik responds the rest of this game, at the plate. One of the reasons they are unhappy with him is because he can't leave a bad at bat behind him. But that was really inexcusable, especially coming off a momentum building win last nite and going against a rookie pitcher.

QUOTE(stretchstretch @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:29 PM)

People who think to this extreme, please just go away. There are fans on here who have no choice but to pull for this team cuz it is in their blood, and quite frankly, I'm tired of reading posts like this. It is beating a dead horse.