7/29/06 White Sox v. Orioles

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
no i know what ya mean, i'd miss em if they werent there, they're a staple of a whitesox game, but still... they're effing terrible!

Bob Rohrman has high production values when compared to some of the low budget crap in Champaign.

Also of note, Hawk and DJ with some solid analysis today.

8-4. Exhibit A on why Garland needs to get ahead of hitters

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
The worst commercial bar none, is the dumb one with the guy who just won the American Idol. The dancing silver haired lounge singer. Its horrible.

i hate him. with a passion.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
How bout the eagle man commercials.......a fishing male lays an egg.....

LOOK AT THOSE LOW RATES AND MY BUSTY CHEST

Haven't seen those in awhile. I remember that awful Mancow one.

You should see some of the commercials down in St. Louis that are lesser known places. Just awful. One has a lady on a carpet, flying through St. Louis and it is so bad.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:51 PM)
The worst commercial bar none, is the dumb one with the guy who just won the American Idol. The dancing silver haired lounge singer. Its horrible.

Something something something POSSIBILITIESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:49 PM)
Notice Jon is going in on right handers. This is what he did last year in the first half to make him so successful. Pound them in, back them up, and let the sinker run.

And he left that pitch over the heart of the plate.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:52 PM)
Something something something POSSIBILITIESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great play by Gload saving a run!

And I hate the fact that I recognize any part of that commercial. I despise it with a passion.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
I love what Jermaine Dye has been doing with the bat... but man whenevr I watch he looks sooo slow in the OF. I know he has had a lot of injuries but he still looks fast or above avg. on the base paths....

I feel guilty complaining about it (probably sounds funny coming from me), but Dye's defense is real bad. He has no range out there, and his arm has been very disappointing since he's been with the Sox. Something that's been hurting him recently is he's not charging the ball well at all. It's making it very easy for teams to run at will on him.

They signed Loewen. He's made some starts in the majors this year.

No then it wasn't him. There was some guy they screwed up on, can't say his name.

And there is the Gold Glove defense from Gload you were asking about.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
No then it wasn't him. There was some guy they screwed up on, can't say his name.

And there is the Gold Glove defense from Gload you were asking about.

Was it one of those Rice pitchers? Maybe Townsend?

Was it one of those Rice pitchers? Maybe Townsend?

Yes I think so ... the guy they picked high and didn't sign. Townsend, right?

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:55 PM)
I feel guilty complaining about it (probably sounds funny coming from me), but Dye's defense is real bad. He has no range out there, and his arm has been very disappointing since he's been with the Sox. Something that's been hurting him recently is he's not charging the ball well at all. It's making it very easy for teams to run at will on him.

His defense is fine. His range going left to right has been poor. But he has been great going back on the ball.

The defense was shaded to the left there, and we had threw the ball away. It was pitching against how the defense is setup.

And then Dye dongs it away. I love this.