7/29/06 White Sox v. Orioles

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 05:10 PM)
Yes, he has been. The Orioles have had good swings against him. He hasn't thrown a good changeup all game.

He should throw the change early in the count. And then use his sinker when he gets 2 strikes.

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 05:13 PM)
McCarthy's up in the pen. Ozzie isn't fooling around today.

I hope he does this much more often. With the bullpen we have, we can afford to let the pen pitch 4-5 innings in some games.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 05:14 PM)
I hope he does this much more often. With the bullpen we have, we can afford to let the pen pitch 4-5 innings in some games.

As long as they have the pen ready tomorrow from the 5th inning on then I am okay with this. Javy third time around is a mess.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)

And when the pitcher sees a guy warming up, it might motivate them a little more. No pitcher wants to get pulled when his team has a big lead prior to the 6th inning.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 05:21 PM)
The home runs hit by Jermaine Dye and A.J. Pierzunski in the top of the 4th inning were back-to-back shots.

Thanks sportsline

I hear good things about this Pierzunski.

And back to the topic of commercials, but I love the Southwest commercial where the guy is locked out of his car. "Step back" then throwing the brick at the window cracks me up every time.

Leadoff single for Tejada, pitch around it JG

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 05:25 PM)
wish I could see this game, O's are racking up the hits on Garland. He must be leaving it up, and it seems like he's behind in the count a lot.

Garland needs to get ahead of hitters to be successful. If he gets behind constantly he will get hurt. He also needs to leave that change on hold when he gets to 0-2 or 1-2 on batters.