7/29/06 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you speed up his bat? MacDougal's curve/slider is definitely not his best pitch. Time to bring Thornton in to face Roberts.

Double stupidity there, frankly.

One, whoever called the slider in that situation. Two, MacDougal for agreeing with the call.

The White Sox seem to have a bad habit of their pitchers getting beat on their 3rd or 4th best pitch and it has to stop. They need to go right at guys instead of throwing all kinds of pitches hoping these hitters will get themselves out. Be aggressive.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
Yeah - this is all KW's fault...

Not saying so at all, I'm just saying I'm think we need a major move, fast. This team is slipping away faster than even last year's team.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
Lol, glad to know every single reliever has given up a run tonight. So glad KW is done making moves! THIS TEAM IS SET!

Earlier in this thread, people were lauding the Sox' pen.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
Double stupidity there, frankly.

One, whoever called the slider in that situation. Two, MacDougal for agreeing with the call.

The White Sox seem to have a bad habit of their pitchers getting beat on their 3rd or 4th best pitch and it has to stop. They need to go right at guys instead of throwing all kinds of pitches hoping these hitters will get themselves out. Be aggressive.

From everything I've heard, if we're relying on MacDougal to show good decision making on the mound, we're going to be extremely disappointed.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:03 AM)
And why wouldn't they?

Since when does 1 game change anything?

It's soxtalk....don't you know that anyone can be DFA'd, and everyone is on the market.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 05:03 PM)
And why wouldn't they?

That's my point. The pen looks rugged and the poster I quoted is implying KW has to make moves immediately.

thank god for thorton. CLASSIC case of a corey patterson and needed the change of scenery. thank god we are the ones to benefit from it. and I know we all like to see borch do well for the marlins, whom we all like b/c of bartman series. thornton.. yes

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
And why wouldn't they?

For a team in a situation like ours, one game means a great deal, they're trying to pull out of a major major slump and losing what looks to be a runaway win for a two game streak, could destroy what little confidence they're building