7/29/06 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:43 PM)
He might have had the worst instincts on the bases I've ever seen.

Yeah, my memories of Jimenez were that he had a high talent level, but he was just a head case.

Great inning for the Sox, have to love the adjustments they made at the plate, AJ, Uribe, BA and Gooch all going back up the middle or oppo, I love it. Hopefully this will carry over

im sorry but if you think our system is bad after trading lumsden, look at the orioles. a AA pitcher with an ERA over 4. we would have 6 guys to go to before we would stoop that low.

They drafted a guy in the first round, I think it was last year, and didn't even get him signed. Adam Loewen I want to say. That's just wasting opportunities and good organizations don't do that. With Boston and NYY and Toronto in that division, they can't make many personnel mistakes.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
Harrelson called it on the 3-1 pitch, he said "Here it comes #15". Iguchi really smoked that one.

He's been hitting the ball very hard to the opposite field lately. For as much as some of us complain about our hitters approach recently, that inning had a lot of fantastic ABs (besides Pods, of course). Hawk always talks about going to the plate with the mindset that the pitcher is in trouble. Honestly, the only one who's seemed defeated at the plate so far was Pods. Everyone else waited for their pitch.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
They drafted a guy in the first round, I think it was last year, and didn't even get him signed. Adam Loewen I want to say. That's just wasting opportunities and good organizations don't do that. With Boston and NYY and Toronto in that division, they can't make many personnel mistakes.

They signed Loewen. He's made some starts in the majors this year.

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:48 PM)
I love the Bob Rohrman commercials... there's only one, Bob Rooooohhhhhhhrrrrrrrrman! He's like the Wiz from Seinfeld.

Nobody beats him?

QUOTE(illinilaw08 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:48 PM)
I love the Bob Rohrman commercials... there's only one, Bob Rooooohhhhhhhrrrrrrrrman! He's like the Wiz from Seinfeld.

no i know what ya mean, i'd miss em if they werent there, they're a staple of a whitesox game, but still... they're effing terrible!

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 09:46 PM)
bob rohrman makes the worst fishing commercials

How bout the eagle man commercials.......a fishing male lays an egg.....

LOOK AT THOSE LOW RATES AND MY BUSTY CHEST

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 04:50 PM)
no i know what ya mean, i'd miss em if they werent there, they're a staple of a whitesox game, but still... they're effing terrible!

The worst commercial bar none, is the dumb one with the guy who just won the American Idol. The dancing silver haired lounge singer. Its horrible.