7/29/06 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 731
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
Yes! I wouldn't mind seeing McCarthy start the inning. Garland hasn't had much today, but he made some big pitches when he had to.

everyone remember, its like 110 degrees too, i'd say jon did alright

for a guy who's been on a roll, it's only natural that he's going to have an off day. Glad to see the O supported him.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 03:33 PM)
everyone remember, its like 110 degrees too, i'd say jon did alright

yeah, I talked to my sister in Baltimore today. She said it's sweltering.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 10:40 PM)
somebody has to tell me why crede is hitting so many pop ups...is it the upper cut swing?

He's not swinging very aggressive. It's almost like he's taking his 2 strike approach swing on every pitch he sees.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 05:42 PM)
He's not swinging very aggressive. It's almost like he's taking his 2 strike approach swing on every pitch he sees.

not a big deal, he'll right the ship. look at his splits this year versus the other years, he's been ssoooo much more consistant this year its ridiculous

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 03:42 PM)

seems like every time he gets hot it begins with him hitting the ball to right field, the old Frank Thomas philosophy

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 05:32 PM)
Yes! I wouldn't mind seeing McCarthy start the inning. Garland hasn't had much today, but he made some big pitches when he had to.

Farmer and Singleton were talking about how sick he is also. They said if he had to start yesterday, he wouldn't have pitched and that he's feeling a little better today, but not 100%. They also said that Ozzie, Coop, Konerko and one or two others have been getting the same pretty terrible head-cold/sickness.

But as I type this it looks like Jon's going into the 6th, I wouldn't mind seeing BMac pop in for an inning or two, then bring on Cotts/Riske or 2 /3 of the flame throwers.

Stop playing so deep Pods, and you might be able to make a good catch once in a while. I have no clue why Garland started this inning. You pull him after 5 innings, and he has confidence from getting out of the jam like he did.