7/28 Games

danman31

Charlotte won 7-4. Rogo 2-4 with a walk and a run. Stewart 2-3 with a double and 2 RBI. Sweeney 3-3, double, walk, run, SB #5 (average at .300). Logan allowing only one hit while striking out one for his 7th save. Box Score

Winston-Salem lost 5-4. Haggerty, Roberts, Lucy, and Smith with 2 hits each. Box Score

Kanny lost 6-1. Metheny 2-4. Box Score

Great Falls lost 5-3. 2 hits for Garcia, Welker, and Grace. Box Score

Bristol won 4-3. Inouye 3-5. Woodson back in the rotation, pitched ok. Box Score

Edited by danman31

After looking at Rogo's performance tonight I wonder why there isn't much trade interest in him. I know most would like more HRs out their first baseman, but he does possess power and hits for a lot of 2 baggers and can be a speed threat on the bases as well. Traditionally he usually maintains a somewhat high average as well. (Even though he really doesn't look like he would ever steal a bag with that physique, he sure does it.)

If Rogo can adequately handle the OF ok defensively better than say Ross Gload (even after tonight's heroics), Rogo may have a future on this team as a bench player.

I don't know if any other organization would see him as a possible everyday player at this stage.

QUOTE(Jake @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 11:21 PM)
After looking at Rogo's performance tonight I wonder why there isn't much trade interest in him. I know most would like more HRs out their first baseman, but he does possess power and hits for a lot of 2 baggers and can be a speed threat on the bases as well. Traditionally he usually maintains a somewhat high average as well. (Even though he really doesn't look like he would ever steal a bag with that physique, he sure does it.)

People just don't trade for first baseman without power. You have guys like Sean Casey or Mark Grace but those are usually few and far between. ROgo is a solid hitter with gap power, who is solid defensively and has good speed.

However, I think Ross Gload is better than Rogo, obviously ROgo is younger, but in terms of tools they aren't very far off with the exception that Gload has a bit more power and can hit for even more so of an average (but I think really highly off Ross).

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 03:43 PM)
People just don't trade for first baseman without power. You have guys like Sean Casey or Mark Grace but those are usually few and far between. ROgo is a solid hitter with gap power, who is solid defensively and has good speed.

It's still a mystery to me how Rogo has so little power, considering he's such a big guy.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 03:07 PM)
It's still a mystery to me how Rogo has so little power, considering he's such a big guy.

It is in his swing he hits mostly line drives and hits them hard. I did see him lift one and it went a long ways but his swing just doesn't allow for many homeruns.