Woody Williams

Chisoxfn

I heard on the sports radio today that the Sox are one of the teams that will talk to Woody Williams.

I like Williams a lot, but he is too injured too often. I think for the Sox sake, Paul Byrd is probably the best option.

I also wouldn't mind seeing us give JB a 500k offer and let him come in to add depth.

Originally posted by Jjav829

Yeah...umm....JB...no thanks. If JB becomes one of the FA signings that KW is talking about, next season will suck for sure. 

I wouldn't mind seeing Woody Williams though. 

JB would be a great pickup if he's the second starter we pick up. That way we have a backup plan if anyone goes down and he could always settle in and pitch long relief out of the pen. I'd rather have JB then Ginter in that area.

As far as Williams goes, I still say I'd rather have Byrd, especially because Williams is always injured.

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I heard on the sports radio today that the Sox are one of the teams that will talk to Woody Williams. 

I like Williams a lot, but he is too injured too often.  I think for the Sox sake, Paul Byrd is probably the best option.

I also wouldn't mind seeing us give JB a 500k offer and let him come in to add depth.

Hear anything about the Sox pursuing Glavine, Maddux, or Clemens? Didn't think so. I'm sick of JR's cheap f***ing ass. Woody Williams. Gimme a motherf***ing break for chrissakes. Am I the only Sox fan sick and f***ing tired of the Sox pinning post-season pitching hopes on pitchers that are closer to the grave than they are to 20 wins? :mad:

Originally posted by CubKilla
Originally posted by Chisoxfn

I like Williams a lot, but he is too injured too often. I think for the Sox sake, Paul Byrd is probably the best option.

Hear anything about the Sox pursuing Glavine, Maddux, or Clemens?

You're not alone,Killa.What worked for Scheuler in the 90's ain't gonna do s*** in the new millenium for Lenny Billiams.