Mel Gibson arrested for DUI

Balta1701

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
Alcohol=truth serum.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)
Indeed, a drunken mind speaks a sober heart.

I wouldn't go that far...a drunken mind speaks a drunken brain moreso than any "truth"...

How many times have people woken up the next day feeling like asses because they did something idiotic when they were drunk? Did that mean that's how they really are, sober? Not at all...

I believe if you don't have the stones to say something sober, you must not really have the courage of your convictions. After all, what is the normal, sane human state - drunkenness? For most, not.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
Plus, of all the people to piss off...IN HOLLYWOOD...the Jews aren't the ones.

right???

QUOTE(SouthsideNorthsideFan @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 03:18 AM)
I wouldn't go that far...a drunken mind speaks a drunken brain moreso than any "truth"...

How many times have people woken up the next day feeling like asses because they did something idiotic when they were drunk? Did that mean that's how they really are, sober? Not at all...

I believe if you don't have the stones to say something sober, you must not really have the courage of your convictions. After all, what is the normal, sane human state - drunkenness? For most, not.

right???

I don't drink, so I'm not involved in knowing personally my statement is true, it's just something I've learned over the years.

QUOTE(SouthsideNorthsideFan @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:18 AM)

There is a correlation between the consumption of fire water and blatant honesty, is there not?

You might wake up the following morning regretting certain things that you said, but if you get in a fight or get a DUI or whatever, you're most likely just a moron to begin with.

Edited by hammerhead johnson

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Aug 5, 2006 -> 10:58 AM)
There is a correlation between the consumption of fire water and blatant honesty, is there not?

No, there's a correlation between the consumption of fire water and saying stupid crap.

The courage of your convictions is set when you're straight. That's why alcohol is often referred to as liquid courage...people have to courage to spout garbage they wouldn't normally say when level-headed.

QUOTE(SouthsideNorthsideFan @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 09:09 AM)
No, there's a correlation between the consumption of fire water and saying stupid crap.

The courage of your convictions is set when you're straight. That's why alcohol is often referred to as liquid courage...people have to courage to spout garbage they wouldn't normally say when level-headed.

So, alcohol gives you the courage to speak the truth.....but you're truth is set when you're sober. The reason you don't spill the truth when you're sober is you realize it can get you in trouble.

QUOTE(SouthsideNorthsideFan @ Aug 7, 2006 -> 02:09 PM)

If you're saying "stupid crap", you are most likely stupid to begin with. If you are being blatantly honest, it's because your judgement is impaired. Can you see the difference? Some people have a tendency to be blatantly honest even when sober, but I am speaking in terms of general rules.