7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
Another situation where Ozzie puts his relievers in a terrible spot by not just letting them start the inning. He's done this about 20 times in the last month and a half.
Oz's handling of the starter's this year has been unbelievably bad. He must think were still in the playoffs, hasnt he noticed that most of these guys cant make it past 6 innnings, let alone 5?

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The good news is Vazquez is now in line to get his 100th loss of his career. Ozzie leaving him in to possibly get the loss goes against the way he's managed ever since he's got here. I really would love to know why he manages Vazquez different than everyone else.

Zito who?

If the White Sox do indeed stand pat it will be a shot to the gut. The Yankees just got better and it looks like the Twins will make a move as well.

We still have a chance to sweep, but we do not look good. I mean come on Chen pitched today. They are making thigs look so difficult.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
Fish it. I'm gone. You guys enjoy the rest of the game. I've had enough of you people for one day.

LMAO...were actually supposed to agree with you when you're trying to make an argument that the distance of the HR is more telling than the actual run being scored? BWAHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAH funniest spiff i've ever read.

This 6th inning is so fishing stupid. If you're going to build Javy's confidence you're going to do it by letting him pitch out out of his struggles, or put him in a position to win or at least not lose the ballgame. Ozzie did that with McCarthy last year against the Cubs, and now the worst possible has happened.

Bullpen order of confidence:

Jenks

Thornton

Macdougal

Riske (as long as it's not close and in the 8th)

McCarthy

Cotts.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
Well there is the usual Javy Vazquez 5 runs by 6 innings that we are used to seeing.

Nice job Cotts.

It's amazing that the same thing happened that we've all complained about recently. I can't wait to hear Ozzie's excuses this time.

About fishing time he goes to Neal, what took him so long?

Let me join the sarcasm parade here ... great job by Cotts huh?

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:28 PM)
If we somehow make the playoffs its because Buehrle got his crap together and Garcia keeps improving. So if we do make the playoffs Buehrle is still in the rotation as is Garcia. You're taking a big chance with Bmac starting. He has been on/off this whole season.

we will be dam lucky to make the playoffs if Oz keeps managing like this

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)

The book is out on him...jump on the fastball, and don't worry about anything else. You can tell that Markakis was sitting on that fastball.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:32 PM)

Who knows how many runs Javy gives up if he's left in there, you can't leave him in to get killed, he has a history of completely imploding in the 6th, he should have been pulled before immediately following the HR.