7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vazquez should have never started the 6th inning, sure cotts didnt help him out, but how many fishin times do we have to watch vazquez spiff himself in the 6th.

great job ozzie. hats off to vazquez and cotts on their performances as well.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 12:32 PM)
This 6th inning is so fishing stupid. If you're going to build Javy's confidence you're going to do it by letting him pitch out out of his struggles, or put him in a position to win or at least not lose the ballgame. Ozzie did that with McCarthy last year against the Cubs, and now the worst possible has happened.

Bullpen order of confidence:

Jenks

Thornton

Macdougal

Riske (as long as it's not close and in the 8th)

McCarthy

Cotts.

I'd put Cotts ahead of McCarthy, BMAC should only be in there for long relief. And as for Cotts, i agree with FAthom that Oz puts him in there TOO often with runners on, and that he should just let him start the freaking inning.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Great job Neal. At least Vazquez was decent.

I can see why Ozzie was hesitant.

Cotts did not pitch well that last inning.

Why not bring in Riske to face Lopez? I thought riske was going to be the first to go after Javy today?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
Who knows how many runs Javy gives up if he's left in there, you can't leave him in to get killed, he has a history of completely imploding in the 6th, he should have been pulled before immediately following the HR.

There's no way anyone can say it hasn't become a mental issue with him now. It's been almost the exact same situation the last three starts, and the same thing has happened.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:35 PM)
There's no way anyone can say it hasn't become a mental issue with him now. It's been almost the exact same situation the last three starts, and the same thing has happened.

C'mon Fathom that HR that was hit only went 310 feet. How is that a mental issue?

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:36 PM)
How about some blame for some poor defence. Every game in this series the starting pitcher has had to get 4 outs in an inning.

What was wrong with the defense that inning?

The book is out on him...jump on the fastball, and don't worry about anything else. You can tell that Markakis was sitting on that fastball.

He won't go inside on lefthanded hitters either. He has a young hitter up there in Fahey with two strikes and he throws one out over the outer half.

I blame Ozzie, how many of us saw this coming? As a manager u have to know what your players are capable of and not capable of, Ozzie did another terrible job today letting Vazquez even start the 6th inning....

fishin unreal...

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:37 PM)
He won't go inside on lefthanded hitters either. He has a young hitter up there in Fahey with two strikes and he throws one out over the outer half.

It's what we talked about yesterday. He really needs to learn another pitch, if not two more pitches. I still think starting the inning would do wonders for him.

Stupid, stupid, stupid move for Ozzie to put Cotts in right there. He's the weak link in the bullpen right now, wtf Ozzie?

And now, typical of late, they quickly go 1-2-3 after the opponent takes the lead. Dammit, this team pisses me off sometimes.