7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
I blame Ozzie, how many of us saw this coming? As a manager u have to know what your players are capable of and not capable of, Ozzie did another terrible job today letting Vazquez even start the 6th inning....

fishin unreal...

The worst thing to happen to this team this season was the Vazquez trade.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:38 PM)
I blame Ozzie, how many of us saw this coming? As a manager u have to know what your players are capable of and not capable of, Ozzie did another terrible job today letting Vazquez even start the 6th inning....

fishin unreal...

Everybody saw it coming except Ozzie who is shocked by the same thing every 5 days.

Hey, I thought our starters were supposed to get better as the year went on? You know, the problem is supposed to solve itself.

Why is it that our starters are getting WORSE as the year wears on?

And Vazquez should start having his Cy Young second half any day now. Any day...

Who knows how many runs Javy gives up if he's left in there, you can't leave him in to get killed, he has a history of completely imploding in the 6th, he should have been pulled before immediately following the HR.

Right I agree, but what about Cotts? He's been awful. Kind of a catch 22 wouldn't you say? He promptly came in and gave up the go ahead runs.

Have we reached the point where Javy has to come out of the rotation? Can you have a guy that makes that much money in your pen. Every time this guy pitches he does two things:

1. Kills the pen

2. Never gives the team a chance to win

His last 3 or 4 starts has just killed his value. Who would want this guy right now? I want Brandon in the rotation, but I do not see Javy going to the pen.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:39 PM)
Runs count in the 1st thru the 5th, just as much.

Oh, I completely agree that the defense was poor. I thought you were saying that the big 6th inning happened due to bad defense. This is just another terribly managed game, from start to current action.

You can actually SEE how Vazquez negatively affects the rest of this team. You can fishing see it! He just takes the wind out of everyone's sails.

This team will not make the playoffs with Garcia and Vazquez in the rotation. KW has about a day to get rid of one of them. This team, as is, will not make the playoffs.