7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:47 PM)
And just when i thought we might go on a roll, and then this FREAKING clunker.....So much for getting excited about baseball again.

No fishing spiff. Dramatic, huge win Friday, offense back on track yesterday to get the win, then we just fishing blow up today. God. Damnit.

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:47 PM)
People can get excite about the last two wins all they want, but as I've said yesterday, this team is still playing like spiff. We're not on the same tier as the Tigers, Twins, or Yankees.

I was one of those people criticizing you about how you should be happy we won. I will completely agree with you that unless things change drastically, the Tigers, Twins, and Yankees are on a different level than we are. This Yankees trade is really going to improve them.

Ozzie has sucked this game. First off, Javy should have been taken out after giving up the homer in the 6th. Second, why didn't he just go to Riske to begin with? Cotts pitched yesterday and he obviously sucks pitching 2 days in a row. Ozzie you know your 'talent' out there why go with your 'gut' feeling? As much as Javy and Neal suck, Ozzie blew this one if we can't come back.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:44 PM)
I swear I've seen this same post 100 times in the last month.

That's nice, and it still holds truth. Why the hell does he need to go to the bullpen right away? He doesn't, no matter how much you say the 6th inning sucks. That's not exactly true, because he gets beat up in the 5th inning as well, should he have taken him out then? No, right? Because he got the outs that inning...since he doesn't get the outs in the 6th, then you're the genius. The job of Cotts was to come in and get those outs...that's what he's there for. He gets the outs when his teammates get into jams...and he did NOT do his job. I don't think he should have been the one in there, but he was, so he needs to get those fishing outs.

Edited by champ

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:48 PM)
Who agrees that Vazquez affects the play of the entire team with his crappy pitching?

I see the same thing. They just seem flat - Oh God how I miss last years team

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:49 PM)
All the blame cant fall on Guillen, when almost all of his pitching staff has been horse spiff... especially , Mark, Neal, Javier, and Freddy. You need horses to look like a good manager.

How many Halloween movies do you need to see to know when you hear the music that the bad guy is really under the bed with the butcher knife.

Vazquez > 5 innings = Halloween Blood bath

QUOTE(Soxpranos @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:49 PM)
All the blame cant fall on Guillen, when almost all of his pitching staff has been horse spiff... especially , Mark, Neal, Javier, and Freddy. You need horses to look like a good manager.

How about you put your pitchers in situations where they can succeed? Everyone in the world knows that Vazquez sucks the 3rd time through the order and after 75 pitches. There's been too many times lately where the decision making was bad. It's not Ozzie's fault though....our pitching has underachieved all season. Hell, last night when Jenks got the DP was the first time I can remember a pitcher of ours making a big pitch in a clutch situation.