7/30/06 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 858
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the offense has just gotten tired of bailing out Vazquez when he CONSTANTLY puts them in deficits. There has to be a point, which I believe they've already hit, where they realize he's just going to give all the runs back and they just don't care to try as hard anymore.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
How many Halloween movies do you need to see to know when you hear the music that the bad guy is really under the bed with the butcher knife.

Vazquez > 5 innings = Halloween Blood bath

So why bring in Cotts earlier, he'll give up the lead eventually. No win situation, if we had a decent bullpen, maybe he makes the move, but guys like cotts have let us down time after time.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:51 PM)
How many Halloween movies do you need to see to know when you hear the music that the bad guy is really under the bed with the butcher knife.

Vazquez > 5 innings = Halloween Blood bath

:notworthy

Obviously Ozzie has never seen Halloween

Edited by Soxman72

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)
I think the offense has just gotten tired of bailing out Vazquez when he CONSTANTLY puts them in deficits. There has to be a point, which I believe they've already hit, where they realize he's just going to give all the runs back and they just don't care to try as hard anymore.

What gives you the reasoning that they would never give 100%? You don't have any, so why the dumb assumption? The offense can't score 20 runs everyday. It's not about bailing out Vazquez, it's about not being able to push tons and tons of runs across everday.

Edited by champ

I will buy about any excuse from KW for not making a move by tomorrow except anything close to comparing how he didn't make a big move last year and it worked out. That excuse might actually make me puke

OK, so this guy has a 18.00 ERA so he should go 1-2-3 in about 12 pitches

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:53 PM)

they are paid based on there statistics... they aren't going to pack it in for a game just because they don't think they will win.

QUOTE(champ @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
What gives you the reasoning that they would never give 100%? You don't have any, so why the dumb assumption?

I don't know if it's the effort level, but judging by some recent comments, I think they're sitting around waiting for something bad to happen.

QUOTE(champ @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
What gives you the reasoning that they would never give 100%? You don't have any, so why the dumb assumption? The offense can't score 20 runs everyday. It's not about bailing out Vazquez, it's about not being able to push tons and tons of runs across everday.

Do you watch the games? When Vazquez pitches, and especially after he gives up the runs, they clearly look deflated.