White Sox Winner

Chisoxfn

Yea it wasn't pretty. The pitching just sucked today. We got lucky we went up against a rookie pitcher. Garland wasnt too good (but understandable because he isn't going to shut them down EVERY game) But it was the bullpen that dissappointed me, starting with BMac to Cotts to some MacDougle and Jenks was even alittle shaky.

Tommorow is IT for Vazquez. The pen is alittle tired. He needs to prove himself tommorow! Go 7 strong (God help us all)! If you allow 3 or even 4 runs i'll be more than happY!

Go Sox! Lets win tommorow and head to KC very happy!

not going to beach about any win

they all count the same.

we gotta make hay the next four games.

vaz needs to give us at least six

riske will get a call tomorrow.

and maybe BMac

MacDougal, considering his history of arm problems, should get a day off

but I ain't the manager.

unfortunately

on the bright side we just took the WC lead over a team that gave up NINETEEN runs to tampa bay, and we'll see if Minn comes down to earth if they get swept by Detroit. There's no reason to expect NY to cruise from here on out, so even playing 600 ball we could, possibly, end up making the playoffs

Eh, whatever. This win was only enjoyable if you like seeing what you thought was one of our two good starters get pounded by a spiffty team.

I guess my biggest problem with the White Sox right now is that we don't really have an identity: there's very few parts, individually or collectively, that we can depend on during the 2nd half push. We're certainly not a "pitching and defense" type team because we're really not very good at either. Garland's been dependable lately, but after a game like today, there's at least some thought that he's been pitching over his head the last 4 weeks or so. And with Garcia, Vazquez, and now appearantly Buehrle all spiffting their pants, we can't afford for Garland to be mediocre.

Our offense is better than what we've seen from them post ASB, but I seriously doubt they're as good as they were in the first half. Probably somewhere in-between. With so many undisciplined pull-happy hitters (not to mention guys putting up some career numbers), we're bound to run into a couple of slumps. In that sense, I don't think we can consider ourselves like the Red Sox who have consistant, high OBP hitters and can overcome bad pitching.

If KW and Ozzie are too afraid to do anything about our starters, I hope we can swing a deal for someone like Tejada or Soriano. Let's get another highly productive player into this lineup.

5-5, HR, 4 RBI. Hell of a game for AJ.

That's just what I was thinking.

It's amazing how guys' bats can wake up all of a sudden.

Five hits is a pretty amazing feat in the big leagues.

Hope Oz lets him play again on Sunday, but I fear the dreaded

day off for AJ.

You guys have to be fishing kidding me with this pessimistic bullspiff.

We won, it wasn't pretty, but who cares?

The pen picked a good day to have a bad day.

You can continue with your pessimistic nature the next time we lose.

Please, for me and yourself as well, try to enjoy a god damn couple days of winning.

Nice to see our offense come through with a big day.

Was unfortunate for Jon to have an outing like that, because he's probably been our best SP for the past month or so. Hopefully he'll be back to where he was before today's outing in his next start.

And we're back on top of the wildcard standings by .5 now as well. :)

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 01:12 AM)
Our offense is better than what we've seen from them post ASB, but I seriously doubt they're as good as they were in the first half. Probably somewhere in-between. With so many undisciplined pull-happy hitters (not to mention guys putting up some career numbers), we're bound to run into a couple of slumps. In that sense, I don't think we can consider ourselves like the Red Sox who have consistant, high OBP hitters and can overcome bad pitching.

I think the notion that the Sox are "pull-happy" really gets overplayed on this site.

Look at our lineup:

Podsednik generally is not a pull-happy hitter. He can slap it the other way.

Iguchi - Well, if you think he's a pull-hitter, then I don't know what game you're watching.

Thome - He's obviously the biggest pull-hitter in our lineup, but even he can go opposite field -- usualy for a homer. I am waiting, however, for him to slap a bunt down the first base line one of these days. For a big man, he's not too slow.

Konerko - When Konerko slumps, it looks like he's a pull hitter. When he's going good, he uses the whole field and hits the ball where its pitched.

Dye - I laugh when I see Dye called a pull hitter. Hell, the guy was just about the only player not trying to hit it over the LF scoreboard in the Home Run Derby. He was hitting 'em to straight center. No way he's a pull-guy.

Pierzynski - Looking at Pierzynski's hit chart at US Cellular Field, I'd say more than 40% of his hits have been to center or LF. Last year, it seemed like he was more of a pull-hitter, but this year he's definitely done a real nice job going oppo.

Anderson - Through the first couple months of the season, I would've probably characterized Anderson as a "pull-hitter". Lately, however, he's been wearing out that RCF gap, and it's nice to see.

Uribe - Uribe can slap the in any direction, although most (all?) of his power is in his 'pull'.

I obviously overanalyzed the point, but you get what I'm saying.