MONEY questions, folks?

Be Good

IF I work  25 hrs a week and make $6 a hour, and pay 360 dollars for Car Insurance, every month, and lets assume I dont spend money on anything else, how much money will I have left after a year?

Bout 1200 after taxes? That was figured in my head though, in about 10 seconds. I could be wrong. :huh:

I think the price you have is ridiculously high. Thats over 4000 thousand a year and unless your driving a porsche that shouldn't be happening.

I think at the most you'd be payin 3000 a year and that would be really high and would mean you have an expensive car and got in an accident recently or have a lot of tickets.

In regards to taxes, BMR, if he files his taxes right he shouldn't be paying any taxes cause he'd only make around 7200 and I think 6000 or so is the amount you can make to be tax exempt, meaning only 1200 bucks can be taxed and he could probably find some writeoffs to whipe off the rest of that. For me I don't make that much, but I can write off gas once I'm at work and can write off my edumactation, etc, to the point I get a refund for almost all of my taxes.

For gas, depends how much you drive. I drive about 2000 miles a month which is relatively high so I spend like 125 bucks a month on gas. I have a car that gets pretty good mileage (25-30 MPG).

Guest hotsoxchick1
IF I work  25 hrs a week and make $6 a hour, and pay 360 dollars for Car Insurance, every month, and lets assume I dont spend money on anything else, how much money will I have left after a year?

yikes is this a trick question?????? lol... dont foreget taxes, food and living expenses......geez i think you need another job or cheaper insurance...........youll never be able to drive cause you wont be able to afford the gas............were at about $1.60 something a gallon here in the chitown burbs and its higher in the city..........

Good grief, that's some expensive car insurance...Ditch the insurance and car and take the f***in bus :D

WELL, when you first get your liscense your paying 400 a month but since I took Defesive Drving its "only" 360 a month.....AND I am not drving a porshe or anthing, but I am drving a Dodge Neon

BE GOOD

WELL, when you first get your liscense your paying 400 a month but since I took Defesive Drving its "only" 360 a month.....AND I am not drving a porshe or anthing,  but I am drving a Dodge Neon

BE GOOD

Is that a NY thing or do all young drivers have to pay that much? That's legal robbery.