June ~ July: A Summary Please

Texsox

My two months at the beach are over and time to get back into the swing of things. About all I received was game updates on my cell. Could someone give me a two month summary? I do like seeing Alomar back. Knowing Kenny's history, I delayed my reaction until I found out which one :D

It seemed like homers are flying, I received the updates on every homer run and late lead changes. Cy Garland is showing that last year wasn't a fluke, and wtf Mark? Jenks seems to be struggling also.

High Point group in camp from Missouri, the week after we trounced them

Low Point, frickin Yankme fan, also the week after.

Of course lots of Astros fans.

Weird without tv, internet, etc. I could have worked at a connection and papers, etc. But an uncomplicated summer was nice.

In a nutshell, June started out great, we gave away a couple games during the month we shouldve won (and boy would it be GREAT to have those 3-4 games back now, we'd be 4.5 out instead of 8), but the end of the month, esp the last week, the SOX began playing very badly, the pitching going SOUTH as well as our situational hitting. It was at this time that we saw our 2 game deficit begin growing.

July saw the SOX continue to play sloppily, with every facet of the team playing C+ baseball, while the teams chasing us, the Yankees and Twins continue to play excellent and passed us up. July for the most part has been miserable, and to me, it was Buehrles HORRENDOUS start on 7/2 that put the exclamation point on the pitching staffs problems. Baseball Tonite said recently that the SOX shouldnt even bother looking at the Tigers anymore, and concentrate now on the Yankees, Twins, BlueJays for the Wild Card.

A lots happened ...........