There will be no more trades for the Sox

GreatScott82

It sucks, but its true. Ozzie and KW truly believe that this team as is, is good enough to make the playoffs. Some fans may think its just KW blowing smoke over the radar screen, however, I believe them this time around. This team is going to sink or swim as is. Right now it doesn't look to floatacous.

Edited by GreatScott82

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 05:56 PM)
It sucks, but its true. Ozzie and KW truly believe that this team as is, is good enough to make the playoffs. Some fans may think its just KW blowing smoke over the radar screen, however, I believe them this time around. This team is going to sink or swim as is. Right now it doesn't look to floatacous.

Then so be it. I don't know what more we could ask of Kenny anyway. On paper, this team is ridiculously talented. Everybody wants to ship Javy and/or Freddy out for a carton of milk. It just doesn't work that way. If we trade them, it will be during the offseason. Will just have to hope these guys turn it around.

I believe it this time. I'd be shocked if something major happened tomorrow.

I agree, I don't think anything major will happen but I do think there's a good possibility something minor will happen. Tweaking the pitching staff or tweaking the bench.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
I agree, I don't think anything major will happen but I do think there's a good possibility something minor will happen. Tweaking the pitching staff or tweaking the bench.

I'll actually be surprised if we don't make another trade for a reliever, especially after what happened this wknd.

I'll actually be surprised if we don't make another trade for a reliever, especially after what happened this wknd.

I won't be surprised because if you think about it, this team is actually set up to contend in 2007 too. They need to resolve the LF situation and they need a long man in the bullpen. In the meantime, if they can pick up a capable reliever, they will. Personally I think the odds are 50/50 and KW is not the kind of guy who lets one series dictate his moves. He is very good at balancing long term and short term. If he wasn't, McCarthy and Josh Fields and Broadway would have been traded by now.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 11:08 PM)
Honestly, when you look at this team, we are the most talented and experienced in our division. We just had a slump and are pulling out of it.

The problem is that we're in such a hole in the division, we have to look at the WC now. The Yanks, if they get their guys back healthy, are absolutely loaded on offense now.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 06:08 PM)
So would I, but that's because the products of the trade market, not because I believe KW is content with this team.

No doubt about it. I was one of the few people last year (Jason and Dbaho as well) that defended KW for not getting a deal done last year. I knew it had nothing to do with him being "content." The trade market is awful these days. One, with the WC, so many more teams feel they're in it. So that alone makes it tougher to trade. Then you've got all these bloated contracts that, unless you're the Yankees, nobody wants to take back. Then the teams that are willing to trade ask for too much.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
Simply put, this team looks like they're in trouble.

If the Yanks get healthy soon, their lineup of Damon, Jeter, Sheffield, ARod, Giambi, Abreu, Matsui, Posada, and Cano is going to be tough to overcome. That literally is an all-star lineup.

Honestly, when you look at this team, we are the most talented and experienced in our division. We just had a slump and are pulling out of it.

Rock, I agree but the White Sox are not playing good baseball. The offense did well vs. a mediocre Orioles pitching staff and they (pitching staff) can suddenly turn it on ... but they definitely need help in terms of getting a guy who can effectively give them innings (bullpen). They thought McCarthy would be the guy, he has a very promising future but they screwed up, he is miscast.

Here is my idea, get an arm and send Brandon down and stretch him out asap. Put these starters on notice. Either you do the job or you're going on the DL. I really think the problem is that several of these guys need a rest. As for SoxTalk whipping boy Vazquez (mostly deserved I will say), after the Gibbons HR he should have been pulled, and as a result, they need a rubber armed guy who can come in and give them 2-3 innings. And not a guy like McCarthy who needs a "feel" for his pitches. Get me an ugly nasty veteran who could care less what situation he comes in on, whether he's hung over or not, etc. That is what the White Sox need and there are guys like that out there.

If the Yanks get healthy soon, their lineup of Damon, Jeter, Sheffield, ARod, Giambi, Abreu, Matsui, Posada, and Cano is going to be tough to overcome. That literally is an all-star lineup.

They are old. Talented, but old. Just as soon as they get healthy, they can get unhealthy.

You have an amazing gift for presenting the dark cloud of any situation. Amazing. However, there is another side to everything. And not enough of that other side is presented on SoxTalk. Nothing personal, you know we are on good terms and totally respect one another, but it needed to be said.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 06:19 PM)
They are old. Talented, but old. Just as soon as they get healthy, they can get unhealthy.

You have an amazing gift for presenting the dark cloud of any situation. Amazing. However, there is another side to everything. And not enough of that other side is presented on SoxTalk. Nothing personal, you know we are on good terms and totally respect one another, but it needed to be said.

LOL. Sorry Fathom, I've got to agree with Jim here. You would never know you were "Mr. Pessimism" if we were to simply delete all your posts regarding the Sox and solely look at how discuss other teams.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 11:24 PM)
LOL. Sorry Fathom, I've got to agree with Jim here. You would never know you were "Mr. Pessimism" if we were to simply delete all your posts regarding the Sox and solely look at how discuss other teams.

Umm....wouldn't pessimism towards the Sox equate to the opposite view of opposing teams? :P

I thought I had stated in my post about the Yankees that they would be very tough to beat if they can get their guys back healthy, and then be able to keep that lineup the rest of the way. Right now, they only have two reliable pitchers in Mussina and Wang. Johnson looks injured yesterday, and Wright's been awful recently.

I think KW doing nothing is a mistake. He needs to be working the phones trying to better this team. This is not 2005. This team has not shown it is better than the rest. As it stands now the Sox are competing with NY and Min for the WC and got swept by both recently. NY has improved themselves, Minnesota might. Overtaking Detroit is a pipedream at this point in time. You should never be satisfied with your roster,no matter what position your club is in.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 30, 2006 -> 06:35 PM)
Umm....wouldn't pessimism towards the Sox equate to the opposite view of opposing teams? :P

I thought I had stated in my post about the Yankees that they would be very tough to beat if they can get their guys back healthy, and then be able to keep that lineup the rest of the way. Right now, they only have two reliable pitchers in Mussina and Wang. Johnson looks injured yesterday, and Wright's been awful recently.

2 reliable starters. Sounds familiar.