MLB Trade Deadline Thread 7/31

AWhiteSoxinNJ

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:56 PM)
He probably napped through the deadline.

Okay...

Why do some of you think that you have to make a deal. You don't just make a deal because you can. This team is very good already, and good enough to go all the way, there's no reason to risk something unless it's "can't miss".

QUOTE(champ @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
Okay...

Why do some of you think that you have to make a deal. You don't just make a deal because you can. This team is very good already, and good enough to go all the way, there's no reason to risk something unless it's "can't miss".

You need to eject the world series DVD. The pitching staff you see out there this year is not the same.

QUOTE(champ @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
Okay...

This team is very talented, but they're not very good right now. They have some holes that could have been fixed with an acquisition or two.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
This team is very talented, but they're not very good right now. They have some holes that could have been fixed with an acquisition or two.

They could have improved their roster, there's no doubt about it.

Saying that, I still believe!

Carroll On Twins' Last Minute Soriano Discussions

Via Will Carroll:

"The Twins are in rapid-fire discussions with the Nationals regarding Alfonso Soriano. The offers center around pitching, with Matt Garza and Scott Baker the keys. The Twins offered Jason Kubel in the deal in lieu of Garza, but were rebuffed. I'm told that the Twins have informed Torii Hunter that he's being offered around; his option, if declined, would help "pay for" Soriano."

We should know within minutes what Jim Bowden ultimately settles for with Soriano. My guess is that the Twins would rather stand pat than part with Garza. I think Kubel and Baker would be a decent, Major League ready bounty for the impending free agent.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:02 PM)
The Mets turned Xavier Nady into Roberto Hernandez and Scott Linebrink? Damn, that's some good GMing.

Wow, nice job by the Padres and Mets. I really think Perez needs a change of pace. Very good job by the Mets though.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 03:01 PM)
Any big trade now is very likely Soriano to the Twins. Thus, I'd rather not here of any big transactions now.

I want to hear about the Twins' trade only if it involves Liriano for Soriano. :P