MLB Trade Deadline Thread 7/31

AWhiteSoxinNJ

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 04:09 PM)
I think I read that Minn wouldn't do it if Garza was involved, and that's what the Nats asked for, but at this time so much was written who knows

I've read that they broke down and offered Garza, but it could have been too late by then.

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 03:09 PM)
But what do they need him for? With the money they'll have to spend this offseason, they'd be better off just signing better parts. Their infield defense is the least of their worries.

I agree, it would have to involve a prospect or two. I know Maddux hasn't pitched well overall this year, but you have to figure they could get more than CI for him. CI is a solid player, but nothing great.

I'm suprised they didn't trade Pierre. There wasn't much talk about him in a trade or signing an extension, so it will be interesting to see if he walks at years end

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
Where is Izturis going to play? If it's SS, then they just wasted more than half of the season with Cedeno over there. At least they have Neifi to fill in at 2B/SS if needed.

I think Izturis should play SS...I see Cedeno as a 2B.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
Yeah, not lead off by any means. I was saying fast, and makes contact. He is better than what they have.

I think he's overrated, and with the Dodgers loaded farm system, I would have thought the Cubs would have gotten one or two strong prospects from the Dodgers.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
Yeah, not lead off by any means. I was saying fast, and makes contact. He is better than what they have.

Yeah, he's more than what I thought the Cubs would get for Maddux.

That said, his optimal role would probably be as the role Alex Cintron plays for us. I don't think he should start on any team that wants to contend for a championship.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 03:15 PM)
Yeah, he's more than what I thought the Cubs would get for Maddux.

That said, his optimal role would probably be as the role Alex Cintron plays for us. I don't think he should start on any team that wants to contend for a championship.

He does play a GG caliber SS. Pretty good move by Hendry standards.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 03:18 PM)
Brady Clark sucks. Why is everyone so high on him?

He's actually a very solid player. The Brewers really have no room for him anymore and it would be nice to have an actual cf back up BA instead of Rob, who is obviously a good player but is not a cf.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:18 PM)
Its funny how much worse of a player Izturus has become on this board once its gone from KW wanting to get him, to his now being on the Cubs.

I was cringing at the thought of KW trying to acquire him to play SS for us.

QUOTE(Reddy @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 03:10 PM)
i better be waiting for 3:30 for a reason...

Well, considering a Soriano trade hasn't been announced yet (at least to my knowledge)...every trade has not been announced. Soriano has to be going elsewhere, unless the Nats are re-signing him.

A lot of these last minute trades don't get announced until a half an hour to an hour after the deadline.