MLB Trade Deadline Thread 7/31

AWhiteSoxinNJ

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:59 PM)
You need to eject the world series DVD. The pitching staff you see out there this year is not the same.

Yeah, every guy on the staff (outside of Contreras), has worse numbers than their career numbers. Does that mean that they will continue to pitch like that? Let's see: the majority of people, earlier this year, believed that Garland's first half last year was a fluke and we should trade him. How did that turn out?

Last year...Contreras was our worst starter at this time. How did that work out? Give me a reason why you don't think Vazquez cannot turn his season around.

Buehrle has gone through these slumps in his career, IT'S NOT THE FIRST TIME. He hasn't just suddenly "lost it". If you honestly believe that, then I hope you enjoy your crow.

Contreras has been great, and Garcia has been pretty good lately. Actually, Garcia has been getting a lot crap this year for being terrible, which he really hasn't been.

I'm not an optimist because of last year, I'm an optimist because I have a great feeling about what this pitching staff can do (and know what they're capable of). A few bad outings and you will be all over Contreras. It's ridiculous. This staff is good, and while you're celebrating in October, just remember how much you thought they "sucked" at the deadline.

Edited by champ

So, we honestly didn't even upgrade the 4th OF spot?

We stood absolutely pat? With a huge deficit in our own division, while recently being swept by our two rivals for the WC, and after one of them added one of the best hitters in the game?

Not even Brady Clark?

Well, I hope Thome, Konerko, and Dye are happy.

I'm not listening to Hawk tonight at all.

Bruce Levine says wait 15-20 mins. to be sure nothing gets done w/ the White Sox. So by 3:30 or so.

Maddux for Izturis is what it sounds like. That's a damn good deal for the Cubs.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:08 PM)
That wouldnt be a bad transaction for them.

But what do they need him for? With the money they'll have to spend this offseason, they'd be better off just signing better parts. Their infield defense is the least of their worries.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 03:08 PM)
I'd love it if it involves Garza, which their latest offer supposidly does.

I think I read that Minn wouldn't do it if Garza was involved, and that's what the Nats asked for, but at this time so much was written who knows

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 03:09 PM)
Bruce Levine says wait 15-20 mins. to be sure nothing gets done w/ the White Sox. So by 3:30 or so.

Maddux for Izturis is what it sounds like. That's a damn good deal for the Cubs.

i better be waiting for 3:30 for a reason...

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 03:09 PM)
But what do they need him for? With the money they'll have to spend this offseason, they'd be better off just signing better parts. Their infield defense is the least of their worries.

Top of the order, and to play 2b or SS. Its better than Nefi Perez, and they traded walker.