Levine Reports Interest in Hawkins

southsideirish71

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 12:04 PM)
This would be the type of guy that could come in while Bmac goes into the rotation or down into AAA and eventually moves into the rotation.

That is the only reason that this trade interests me, the fact that it might mean something else will go down.

The 1 pm update on 1000 said the White Sox still have a standing offer out there to the Nationals for Soriano, but it's believed to be not good enough. And that KW is "checking into" the availability and price for Latroy Hawkins.

Offman on 670 just said KW may add another reliever.

So that's the latest, at least from Chicago radio, two hours to go.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:03 PM)
The 1 pm update on 1000 said the White Sox still have a standing offer out there to the Nationals for Soriano, but it's believed to be not good enough. And that KW is "checking into" the availability and price for Latroy Hawkins.

Offman on 670 just said KW may add another reliever.

So that's the latest, at least from Chicago radio, two hours to go.

Hawkins would make zero sense. I would rather have Bmac or Riske pitching in front of him out of the pen. Maybe Cooper recognized something in tapes and think he can be fixed, he's had a good track record with bullpen guys.

It seems like Bowden's price for Soriano is not going to be met, so it will be interesting to see if he just holds on to him or takes a lesser offer

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:10 PM)
Hawkins would make zero sense. I would rather have Bmac or Riske pitching in front of him out of the pen. Maybe Cooper recognized something in tapes and think he can be fixed, he's had a good track record with bullpen guys.

It seems like Bowden's price for Soriano is not going to be met, so it will be interesting to see if he just holds on to him or takes a lesser offer

Hawkins also got put on the bereavement list yesterday as well...If the White Sox wanted Hawkins, they can probably get him very cheap.

QUOTE(spiderman @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:36 PM)
Hawkins also got put on the bereavement list yesterday as well...If the White Sox wanted Hawkins, they can probably get him very cheap.

And who knows, he could be another guy that Coop could help out and get him back to his days when he was in Minnesota. It's not out of the realm of possibility...he wanted Thornton for awhile because he KNEW what his main problems were...who's to say he doesn't know what's wrong with Hawkins?

If it's mental...I don't think there's a better clubhouse to be in than the Sox. The real question is, who would be sent down? McCarthy (so he could get back to starting)?

Edited by champ

i would take him. Hawkins has great stuff and could be the 6th-7th inning man for Vaz. As long as there are no pressure situations (aka cubs) then he can coast through these guys. The reason that he sucks is he cant handle pressure. KW get him if you can

QUOTE(zygoat @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
i would take him. Hawkins has great stuff and could be the 6th-7th inning man for Vaz. As long as there are no pressure situations (aka cubs) then he can coast through these guys. The reason that he sucks is he cant handle pressure. KW get him if you can

Wow

Hawkins would still be a guy I'd target in FA to replace say a Riske.

He was very good early on, but for whatever reason he just hasn't put it together this season. His away splits are just BRUTAL.

But he throws hard, and would be a good 6th-7th inning guy for the right price. We all remember what he was like back in Minnesota.