Our Starters

southsideirish

keep javy, brad would only be a sub at best (he's not taking pods position and brian is really coming around)

Even though everyone thinks javy sucks, i like him and if he could go after hitters more when they have two strikes then that would be the best

QUOTE(Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What would you give for pitchers that have ERA's over 4.50 and nearly 10 mil a year?

WIth Buehrle's and Garcia's not too far in the past success, I would think more than Coco Crisp and Brad Wilkerson. Buehrle was very good as lately as earlier this year. Garcia has been pretty good lately. Their velocity is down, but Wilkerson and Crisp for these kinds of starters? I would think you should get better than that.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wilk for Vaz. Done

a .250 hitter career hitter. A .235 hitter this year? Who does nothing very good? How is he better than what we already have? I don't get it.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:14 PM)
a .250 hitter career hitter. A .235 hitter this year? Who does nothing very good? How is he better than what we already have? I don't get it.

BMAC in the rotation +wilkerson>Vaz

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 03:17 PM)
So Oliver Perez for Xavier Nady is apparently in talks or done. Can't figure out which.

"The Mets have made a move they will hope will boost their suddenly lackluster rotation, sending outfielder Xavier Nady to the Pirates for left-hander Oliver Perez and reliever Roberto Hernandez, sources have told SI.com."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writ...ades/index.html

Edited by Felix

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

McCarthy in the rotation, then who is in the pen to take his place? Where does Wilkerson fit? He is not better than Pods at Pods' worst. It just doesn't add up. It especially doesn't add up to BMAC in the rotation +wilkerson>Vaz when there is not a bullpen replacement and you have no place for Wilkerson.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:19 PM)
McCarthy in the rotation, then who is in the pen to take his place? Where does Wilkerson fit? He is not better than Pods at Pods' worst. It just doesn't add up. It especially doesn't add up to BMAC in the rotation +wilkerson>Vaz when there is not a bullpen replacement and you have no place for Wilkerson.

BMAC in the rotation +bag of balls > Vaz

more clear?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:16 PM)

Who replaces BMAC as a reliever then? We DON'T need more offense. We need pitching terribly! If our starting pitchers can turn around, we will win the final playoff spot, or even the division. No way I would trade Vazquez for Wilkerson straight up.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So Oliver Perez for Xavier Nady is apparently in talks or done. Can't figure out which.

It is done. The Mets made a boo boo. THis was a very dumb move if you ask me. Oliver Perez has sucked ass for about 2 years now. They do get Roberto Hernandez as well. I recall Lloyd McClendon talking about his arm last year and saying how he has to start to learn how to pitch because he no longer has a power arm.

Here is why they made the deal:

Duaner Sanchez seperates his shoulder.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BMAC in the rotation +bag of balls > Vaz

more clear?

No it really isn't and you are making no sense at all. In fact I think it is an idiotic statement to make for the reasons I already mentioned. Who replaces BMAC in the rotation. I don't believe you are thinking this all the way through.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:23 PM)
No it really isn't and you are making no sense at all. In fact I think it is an idiotic statement to make for the reasons I already mentioned. Who replaces BMAC in the rotation. I don't believe you are thinking this all the way through.

There are several guys in our system capable of emulating BMacs performance from the bullpen. (Tracey)

QUOTE(Jake @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There are several guys in our system capable of emulating BMacs performance from the bullpen. (Tracey)

Then why are we looking for bullpen help and why did we go out and get bullpen help if we have several arms in the system that can replace a great arm like BMac's in the pen? How does that make sense?

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
Then why are we looking for bullpen help and why did we go out and get bullpen help if we have several arms in the system that can replace a great arm like BMac's in the pen? How does that make sense?

SSI, forget it man. Quite a few people on here are just wanting to have a trade just for the sake of excitement and making a trade. Trading Wilderson for Vazquez is a stupid trade to me as well!

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)

Great arm=4.17 ERA?

BMAC is a good starter, better than Vaz. Taking him out of the pen and putting him into the rotation improves the entire staff.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)

We want to get Vazquez and his high paycheck out of Chicago. Not to mention BMac hasn't been showing a "great arm" out of the pen this year. He's probably our second to worst reliever.

Edited by Jake

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
Coco Crisp offered for Mark Buehrle and Brad WIlkerson offered for one of our starters? What is up with that? Aren't starting pitchers at a premium? Shouldn't we be getting better offers than this? I just find this ridiculous.

I've offered to kill them but KW has not returned my calls.