Sox @ KC - 8/1 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:04 PM)
i would like to be listening to hawk right now.....that would mean i'd be watching the game on television.

you're right, I tend to complain about him a little, but I really do enjoy him. He has a personality. When you watch Len Kasper with the Cubs you realize that the Sox could easily bring a play-by-play guy in who is generic

Yeah, I disagree that Hawk's the only announcer that complains. I actually thought it was a typo, and meant to say "not the only". My biggest beef about it is that Hawk make it sounds like the umps are out to get us every game.

That's my problem with it. I have no problem with an announcer saying that he didn't like a call. Announcers don't need to be apologists for the umps. But acting like all the calls go against the Sox and that they are conspiring against the Sox just sounds like your average stupid, immature fan. I've got a 12 year old cousin who reacts to bad calls like that.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:07 PM)
you're right, I tend to complain about him a little, but I really do enjoy him. He has a personality. When you watch Len Kasper with the Cubs you realize that the Sox could easily bring a play-by-play guy in who is generic

I think alot of people feel this way. Len Kasper would be Horrific = Lletts Go Wwhhite Soxx, Alllrighhty get those Runns. Yiippeee

That's my problem with it. I have no problem with an announcer saying that he didn't like a call. Announcers don't need to be apologists for the umps. But acting like all the calls go against the Sox and that they are conspiring against the Sox just sounds like your average stupid, immature fan. I've got a 12 year old cousin who reacts to bad calls like that.

Disagree again.

Maybe it has something to do with how you interpret his commentary. Many times he's commenting about the players reactions, which a lot of times are pretty obvious to see. Konerko and Iguchi are good examples.

QUOTE(hogan873 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:11 AM)
I may sound like a complete fool, but when did the Sox acquire (re-acquire) Sandy? Has he been in their minors? Or was he a signing?

You share the name of the greatest living American....please don't ever think you're a fool. :P

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 06:10 PM)
Just got home from work, anyone want to summarize the game thus far?

2-2. Buehrle struggling but not totally dead yet. 2 run home run by Reggie Sanders, solo shot by Crede, double by Crede & RBI double by Alomar.

Disagree again.

Maybe it has something to do with how you interpret his commentary. Many times he's commenting about the players reactions, which a lot of times are pretty obvious to see. Konerko and Iguchi are good examples.

I'm not talking about him talking about player reactions. I'm talking about the many times he says "the calls have all gone against us in this game" or "yet another bad call goes against the Sox"

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
Just got home from work, anyone want to summarize the game thus far?

Sanders with a 2 run homer.

Back to back doubles by crede and Alomar scored one, then a homer by Crede scored the second.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
2-2. Buehrle struggling but not totally dead yet. 2 run home run by Reggie Sanders, solo shot by Crede, double by Crede & RBI double by Alomar.

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
Sanders with a 2 run homer.

Back to back doubles by crede and Alomar scored one, then a homer by Crede scored the second.