Sox @ KC - 8/1 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who doesn't think Hawk b****es about balls and strikes obviously has the TV turned down and is listening to the radio.

Definitely. He often says that the home plate umpire is using a different strike zone for the Sox pitchers as opposed to the other team's pitchers. He complains about that all the time.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:14 AM)
Fathom was talking about Col. Hogan, Hogan's Heroes. :bang

That's before my time, unfortunately. There's no bigger icon in the world than Hulk Hogan. I'm just thankful that the reality show has been playing so that my fiance can witness Hulkamania (just a terrible parent).

Anyone who constantly complains about Harrelson obviously has nothing better to do.

We're talking about a Sox game on a message board. What should I be doing, volunteering for charity?

Don't pretend that your posts are high minded baseball talk. And maybe you should just stop complaining about complaining.

Definitely. He often says that the home plate umpire is using a different strike zone for the Sox pitchers as opposed to the other team's pitchers. He complains about that all the time.

Well I did not know that "often" equals "all the time" but we'll go with it.

He also frequently compliments the umpires on their good and consistent strike zone.

But maybe people have the tv sound down and are listening to the radio when he says that.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
That's before my time, unfortunately. There's no bigger icon in the world than Hulk Hogan. I'm just thankful that the reality show has been playing so that my fiance can witness Hulkamania (just a terrible parent).

Are you marrying a twelve year old?!

How big's the gap in your age and your girlfriend's, tiger? (I just think it's so odd that you'll know something about Hulkamania while she has to watch....VH1...)

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:17 PM)
Well I did not know that "often" equals "all the time" but we'll go with it.

He also frequently compliments the umpires on their good and consistent strike zone.

But maybe people have the tv sound down and are listening to the radio when he says that.

:lolhitting but it's probably inconsistent and bad for the other team. he wouldn't complain then ;) :D

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:18 AM)
Nice. What a year he's having, unreal.

I've always liked him, as he's one of the nicest guys in baseball. He was always one of those guys who looked like he should be good, but he just couldn't put it all together. He hit a homer off of Tom Gordon a few years against the Sox that hasn't landed yet.