Sox @ KC - 8/1 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
FWIW, I asked my fiance if I could come down the aisle to "Real American", but she said no.

I've been trying for "Don't stop believin'", but that hasn't succeeded either. Of course, my first choice would still be the Imperial March.

Yeah, but I didn't like it much.

Blasphemy. J/K

I can't believe anyone would complain about complaints about Hawk in this thread, but not complain about the thread being highjacked to talk about Hulk Hogan.

Nice of you to get it back on track.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
I've been trying for "Don't stop believin'", but that hasn't succeeded either. Of course, my first choice would still be the Imperial March.

She still doesn't understand what I'm talking about when I tell her the anthem at graduation ceremonies was Macho Man's music. Sadly, the only time I can point Mr. Savage out to her is during Spiderman.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
I can't believe anyone would complain about complaints about Hawk in this thread, but not complain about the thread being highjacked to talk about Hulk Hogan.

Hulk Hogan has a terrible strike zone. He's always giving the outside corner to our opponents.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)

I know someone that played the theme song from Star Wars at their reception...but that's not as cool as what you're talking about.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:28 PM)

I could change my nickname to Orndorff873?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:25 PM)
For a guy, I couldn't agree more about knowing the Hogan/Andre situation. For a girl, I was just happy that my fiance knew of Frank Thomas when we started dating.

You know, funny enough, I missed a lot of last year's baseball season (maybe half the games) because I spent all that time with a girl. (Not that she made me stop watching, but I decided to take her out more and follow the Sox-by-recap and read game summaries, sadly.) I loved that girl -- she didn't like sports, but watched the World Series with me, and during Game Three, at a time when I was feeling ill and wound up collapsing in sickness/sleepiness, she was sweet enough to stay up and wake me as soon as Blum homered.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)
I say you should slap your gum into the crowd and then toss your towel over your shoulder to your best man.

Don't tempt me. It's always fun to yell out "now you're going to see, the perfectplex".

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:26 PM)
FWIW, I asked my fiance if I could come down the aisle to "Real American", but she said no.

At one of my friend's weddings, we were eating dinner to Zepplin tunes. I guess the bride's aunt came up and complained that the music was too loud.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 06:29 PM)
You know, funny enough, I missed a lot of last year's baseball season (maybe half the games) because I spent all that time with a girl. (Not that she made me stop watching, but I decided to take her out more and follow the Sox-by-recap and read game summaries, sadly.) I loved that girl -- she didn't like sports, but watched the World Series with me, and during Game Three, at a time when I was feeling ill and wound up collapsing in sickness/sleepiness, she was sweet enough to stay up and wake me as soon as Blum homered.

Then she dumped you or what??

Odalis Perez was a nice pickup for the Royals. If he can get his slider over he is a tough pitcher. Farmer was saying that he is now throwing a splitter also. He was had for pretty much nothing also.

Buerhle is looking better today. Its the royals though, but this is a good start.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:29 AM)

You had a girl stay up to watch the end of the game, but you were sleeping? Who wears the pants in that relationship? :P

One of my biggest pet peeves is anyone who says they're a Sox fan, and went to bed before the end of that game. No offese Greg.