Sox @ KC - 8/1 Game Thread

Heads22

Hulk Hogan has a terrible strike zone. He's always giving the outside corner to our opponents.

:lolhitting

7 in a row by Buehrle and we're still tied at 2. Let's win this game.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
Don't tempt me. It's always fun to yell out "now you're going to see, the perfectplex".

First of all, this is the greatest game thread of all time...so far.

Second of all, maybe you can come plowing down the aisle and just start shaking the altar like a madman while the crowd (at least the groom's side) go nuts.

Thankfully, I'm watching the Royals broadcast and I don't have to suffer through listening to the verbal torture which is Hawk Harrelson.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and thankfully this message board lets others disagree with those opinions.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
I can't believe anyone would complain about complaints about Hawk in this thread, but not complain about the thread being highjacked to talk about Hulk Hogan.

I'm sorry, but a topic where myself, JimH, Dick Allen, balta, GPratt, and Milkman can joke around and get along is more important than this game. This gives me hope for peace in the Middle East. :P

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 06:33 PM)
I'm sorry, but a topic where myself, JimH, Dick Allen, balta, GPratt, and Milkman can joke around and get along is more important than this game. This gives me hope for peace in the Middle East. :P

Get WCSox in here and we'll deal with that part.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 06:34 PM)
Wouldn't it be nice if we're the team that hits the big 3 run homer late in the game to break the other team's back?

I'd be happy to manufacture a few runs too.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:33 AM)
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and thankfully this message board lets others disagree with those opinions.

Yeah, I have my issues with Hawk, but I'd rather listen to him than another team's announcers (unless they're Milwaukee's guys...they rule).

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:34 PM)
Wouldn't it be nice if we're the team that hits the big 3 run homer late in the game to break the other team's back?

Ortiz did that yesterday....but it was a winner, so it broke the back and cut the head off.

QUOTE(PA32R @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
Then she dumped you or what??

Yeah, actually, but not as a result of that, and not until February of this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
You had a girl stay up to watch the end of the game, but you were sleeping? Who wears the pants in that relationship? :P

One of my biggest pet peeves is anyone who says they're a Sox fan, and went to bed before the end of that game. No offese Greg.

I don't take any offense at that, actually. I was sick as hell, and we were laying in bed cuddled up. I couldn't stay awake, but was forcing it, and then we sort of agreed that she'd tell me if anything happened.

I'm sorry, but a topic where myself, JimH, Dick Allen, balta, GPratt, and Milkman can joke around and get along is more important than this game. This gives me hope for peace in the Middle East.

It's amazing that Hulk Hogan can bring us all together! :P

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:34 AM)
Ortiz did that yesterday....but it was a winner, so it broke the back and cut the head off.

Please don't mention Ortiz...before we know it, we'll have a certain poster in here telling us we're wrong about everything Red Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)
Don't tempt me. It's always fun to yell out "now you're going to see, the perfectplex".

some of the most quality wrestling vignettes were when Mr. Perfect would participate in sporting events such as diving or shooting baskets... and say "Now that's Perfect"

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
Crede, what a season. OBP is a little low, but at the bottom of the order, its acceptable, especially with the higher average and homeruns. Nice.

107 hits 16 walks in 361 ab's (377 if you count walks)

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:35 AM)
Yeah, actually, but not as a result of that, and not until February of this year.

I don't take any offense at that, actually. I was sick as hell, and we were laying in bed cuddled up. I couldn't stay awake, but was forcing it, and then we sort of agreed that she'd tell me if anything happened.

It's amazing that Hulk Hogan can bring us all together! :P

First of all, you underestimate the power of the Hulkster. Second of all, that will teach you to never forget Valentine's Day again.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:36 AM)
Hey, shut up about baseball.

We're talking wrestling here.

I hate how Jim Ross always complains that the referees are screwing the good guys. It's like he thinks they're doing it on purpose. :P