Sox @ KC - 8/1 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:54 PM)
Ugh...you have to be looking offspeed pitch there.

That's what sucks, you knew he was going to pull the string, but you can't really ever sit offspeed since if you do, odds are he'll throw it 95 down the middle and you'll be caught watching a pitch you could have hit out to win the game sail by for strike 3.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 02:54 AM)
Just not Jermaine's night. You knew he was going to throw that too since he showed his hand on the 3-2 to Brian. You can't sit offspeed though, kinda sucks but o well.

With an open base and a lot lesser hitter on deck, you had to know the 3-2 wouldn't be a fastball (especially after the 3-1 curve). It's ok...we gotta hold them now.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
The kid is NASTY, I am a big fan of him.

Great arm, great stuff, control is iffy. If he trusts his stuff and throws it near the plate he will be fine. If he gets into hitters counts, someone will kill his fastball.

He is only like what 22.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
Dye has had a fair amount of 3 strikeout games this year.

That's nice. He's also had a fair amount of games where he was our only offensive threat. Don't even bring up crap like that.

QUOTE(champ @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 02:56 AM)
That's nice. He's also had a fair amount of games where he was our only offensive threat. Don't even bring up crap like that.

He was simply referring to a stat someone brought up earlier today about 3 K games.

QUOTE(champ @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:56 PM)

Yes, how dare I make an observation.

I wasn't saying he was bad this year, nor was I trying to take anything away from his spectacular year, I was simply pointing out a fact.

QUOTE(champ @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)

LOL

I just realized why DJ talks by himself in the booth for long stretches of time. Hawk comes here and posts as 'champ'.