Sox @ KC - 8/1 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buerhle utilizing the Duque method of pitching which means going 3-2 on everyone will not work. He is a guy who needs his command, and with as behind as he's been in the count tonight, he appears not to have it back yet. Hopefully something will click for him soon.

Why do we hear about the umpire's strike zone every damn game? Does Hawk think the Sox pitchers never get a borderline call?

Hawk thinks that the umpires around MLB conspire against the Sox. He's on the only MLB tv announcer who routinely not only complains about calls, but claims that the bad calls all or mostly go against his team and in favor of the other team.

Another example of how craptastic Hawk is.

Why do we hear whining about Harrelson every night? His comment was that Konerko was unhappy with a couple of calls. He is commenting about Konerko's reaction. There is always the option of turning down the tv sound and turning on the radio.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)
Hawk thinks that the umpires around MLB conspire against the Sox. He's on the only MLB tv announcer who routinely not only complains about calls, but claims that the bad calls all or mostly go against his team and in favor of the other team.

I like Hawk and DJ, but Hawk even has DJ whining about balls and strikes a lot.

Disagree totally. Listen to Bert Blyleven much?

Why do we hear whining about Harrelson every night? His comment was that Konerko was unhappy with a couple of calls. He is commenting about Konerko's reaction. There is always the option of turning down the tv sound and turning on the radio.

Thankfully this message board gives us the option of commenting on it as well.

If you have satellite TV, the games are not in synch with the radio.

And if you don't, they are.

Thankfully this message board gives us the option of commenting on it as well.

Yeah and thankfully that goes both ways.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 01:01 AM)
Disagree totally. Listen to Bert Blyleven much?

Yeah, I disagree that Hawk's the only announcer that complains. I actually thought it was a typo, and meant to say "not the only". My biggest beef about it is that Hawk make it sounds like the umps are out to get us every game.