rowand's rowdies

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ALL ABOARD!!

One day later, and a flip flop?

quote name='Hangar18' date='Jul 31, 2006 -> 04:34 PM' post='1235608']

I know the season isnt "over" yet, but Ive already written 2006 off and have looked to 07 already.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:05 AM)
One day later, and a flip flop?

quote name='Hangar18' date='Jul 31, 2006 -> 04:34 PM' post='1235608']

I know the season isnt "over" yet, but Ive already written 2006 off and have looked to 07 already.

haha, I saw JimH's name in the thread, and thought Oh boy hes got a glib comment for me,

and I see Steff beat him to it. Slow on the draw there buddy! The All Aboard is supposed to be in reference to a bandwagon filling up. That being said, man wouldnt it be awesome if the SOX ran off

10 straight and 18 of 20 to get back in this? I just dont see it happening with the condition of our pitchers.

haha, I saw JimH's name in the thread, and thought Oh boy hes got a glib comment for me,

and I see Steff beat him to it. Slow on the draw there buddy! The All Aboard is supposed to be in reference to a bandwagon filling up. That being said, man wouldnt it be awesome if the SOX ran off

10 straight and 18 of 20 to get back in this? I just dont see it happening with the condition of our pitchers.

hehehe ...

The SOX were not OUT of it yesterday but then again you said you were giving UP on the season and looking TOWARD 2007.

And now today ... hehehe ... you say the SOX bandwagon is FILLING up, but just make SURE you don't jump on BOARD because on 7/31 you DECLARED them dead ... hehehe.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:28 AM)
hehehe ...

The SOX were not OUT of it yesterday but then again you said you were giving UP on the season and looking TOWARD 2007.

And now today ... hehehe ... you say the SOX bandwagon is FILLING up, but just make SURE you don't jump on BOARD because on 7/31 you DECLARED them dead ... hehehe.

Jim.. the point has been made. No further comment is needed.

And for the love of God.. don't ever again post with that screwed up caps crap. :stick

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:28 AM)
hehehe ...

I declared them dead BEFORE 7.31 actually, but heck, I would love to be completely wrong about this team

and have to eat a Crow Sandwich. Heres to being wrong in October :cheers

Jim.. the point has been made. No further comment is needed.

I suspect the point will have to made again soon if history is any indication.

Actually I don't like the goofy caps style either. :D

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:36 AM)
I suspect the point will have to made again soon if history is any indication.

Actually I don't like the goofy caps style either. :D

yup. History says you will follow me around, make fun of my comments, and look for every possible way to discredit what I say here. Go ahead. Im not the only one that said this team cant win with a pitching staff ERA in the 5's. Pretty controversial comment huh?

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:41 AM)
yup. History says you will follow me around, make fun of my comments, and look for every possible way to discredit what I say here. Go ahead. Im not the only one that said this team cant win with a pitching staff ERA in the 5's. Pretty controversial comment huh?

Watch your head... :stick

Everyone who makes these comments gets called out. You are not special, in that regards anyway.

Yup. History says you will say something off the wall, people will debate the point with you, and you'll get all upset about it. Or you will say something and then flip flop about it later.

Pretty simple concept huh?

hehehe.

Now, if you want to continue this discussion so as not to clog up this thread, there is a PM function on this site, just like that other site.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 11:03 AM)
Yup. History says you will say something off the wall, people will debate the point with you, and you'll get all upset about it. Or you will say something and then flip flop about it later.

Pretty simple concept huh?

hehehe.

Now, if you want to continue this discussion so as not to clog up this thread, there is a PM function on this site, just like that other site.

I stand by my Off The Wall Prediction. A team with a pitching staff ERA in the 5.00s will not make the playoffs. We just wont. Im looking to 07, and hope we can solidify the bullpen, and get Zito too.

I would love to be wrong of course. I didnt flip flop, I simply said ALL ABOARD.

and get Zito too.

I would love to be wrong of course. I didnt flip flop, I simply said ALL ABOARD.

He's represented by Boras, I doubt it.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 11:14 AM)

Before the Boston series I'd agree with you. But since I dunno.... for some reason Zeet's name is being mentioned all over the place. :huh

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 11:14 AM)

But he represents Crede too, and I'm betting his relationship with the SOX has warmed a bit the last few years. If the SOX end up trading Vazquez or Garcia, the SOX have as good a chance as anyone of signing Zito. I cant see him wanting to be in the glaring spotlight of NYC. The only other team I can see making a hard charge would be STL, they love AL players

Before the Boston series I'd agree with you. But since I dunno.... for some reason Zeet's name is being mentioned all over the place. :huh

Well if that's the case then Dennis Gilbert will be one busy guy this offseason, that alone should occupy 100% of his time. I would be happy to see that relationship fixed, once and for all. If there was a thaw, I'm all for it.

However I still believe they'll primarily go the trade route this offseason.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
But he represents Crede too, and I'm betting his relationship with the SOX has warmed a bit the last few years. If the SOX end up trading Vazquez or Garcia, the SOX have as good a chance as anyone of signing Zito. I cant see him wanting to be in the glaring spotlight of NYC. The only other team I can see making a hard charge would be STL, they love AL players

The Cubs will be in the Zito sweepstakes ... or they should be.

Cubs. Mets. Angels. Dodgers. Seattle. Yankees. Boston. Possibly Detroit. Cleveland.

Lots of options for Zito.

QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
But he represents Crede too, and I'm betting his relationship with the SOX has warmed a bit the last few years.

Crede is moot. He has already stated, in the press, that he will fire Boras if he screws with him staying with the Sox.

Not years, the past 3 weeks.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 10:26 AM)
Crede is moot. He has already stated, in the press, that he will fire Boras if he screws with him staying with the Sox.

Not years, the past 3 weeks.

Steff can you give me a link to that statement? Not that I'm doubting your honesty I just can't prove to my dad that he said that with a post on a message board. Many thanks.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 11:18 PM)
I gotta say, if anyone was to say we would be 20 effin games above .500 looking at second place by a large margin, doing it with our offense instead of our pitching and most of the soxtalk posters are freakin out about us just making the playoffs at the begining of the season, I would have died of laughter, went to heaven/hell, resurrected, and died again of more laughter.

Now that's funny.