WinningUgly....

Be Good

could we hear more about your signature :huh:

BE GOOD

Myself, southsider, arneharris, sox4lifeinpa and others from the espn Sox board last year called an 800 numbers for a conference call with the Florida Marlins. It was when they traded Dempster to the Reds and Cliff Floyd/Wilton Guererro to the Expos for Pavano, Encarnacion, Lloyd and other minor pick-ups.

We got the number to the call on the ESPN newswire link. It was supposed to be for Editors only (Press folks) but we noticed it and got through. So imagine about 10 idiots messing around on a professional MLB business call.

The Public Relations person for the MArlins who was directing the call asked who was on the line, taking roll. They blurted out their names, and in between I said, "Ugly Here." One press guy repeated what I said and started laughing, having no idea what was going on.

The PR guy then went on to describe the deals and the players involved, then turned it over to Jeff Torborg to answer some questions. All throughout the call, chants of "Kenny Williams sucks" could be heard, as well as Nelson from The Simpsons and his famous, "Ha-Ha!" as only Nelson can say. That was courtesy of Sox4Life.

There was also some momo that blurted out "Loria is the Angel of Death. Free Eurabiel Durazo!" What he meant about Durazo still is a mystery to me.

The best moment on this call (keep in mind I'm at work laughing hysterically and my peers were thinking I was BS'ing with a customer) was a poster names BeerHere from the Cubs board. He acted like a Press person and asked Torborg, "Yeah, Jeff....do you feel like you were hosed more in this trade then the one with the Cubs?" He was of course referring to the Clement/Alfonseca for Julian Tavarez/Dontrelle Willis deal made before the season started.

We all remained silent laughing to ourselves, and the PR guy stated, "ok can we please keep the questions on a professional level here?"

Then when Torborg was answering another question, he finally picked up what was going on and stated in mid-sentence, "....and I don't know who's all on this call..."

When the call disbanded and Torborg and the PR folks hung up, we chatted and joked amongst ourselves and that's that. It was an unusually funny day.

amazingly funny day....I was waiting on members through the drive thru...needless to say I made quite a few mistakes that day.

arne's wav file of "kw sucks" is so awesome.

Wait a minute, PA. You say you were at work that day? I thought you were our Nelson guy playing the Simpson samples...

WU....... thats pretty f***ing badass!

Do you guys have it on tape or anything?

Unfortunately not. I was a Tier II Account Research Supervisor for my mortgage company at the time, and had I been in my current position of Systems Analyst, I would have had the application the Quality Assurance manager has to listen to and score customer service calls. I could have saved the call on an AUD or WAV file then e-mailed it to whoever.

The only thing we do have is the "Kenny Williams Sucks!" wav on ArneHarris' signature.

Unfortunately not. I was a Tier II Account Research Supervisor for my mortgage company at the time, and had I been in my current position of Systems Analyst, I would have had the application the Quality Assurance manager has to listen to and score customer service calls. I could have saved the call on an AUD or WAV file then e-mailed it to whoever.

The only thing we do have is the "Kenny Williams Sucks!" wav on ArneHarris' signature.

That could have been the all time classic wav to pass around. BTW does anyone have Lee Elia's Cub fan rant as a aud or wav? That was Les Grobsteins greatest moment.

That could have been the all time classic wav to pass around. BTW does anyone have Lee Elia's Cub fan rant as a aud or wav? That was Les Grobsteins greatest moment.

I must admit..... that I am very impressed by the smoothness of that call.... and am glad that all you ESPNERs are now part of the soxtalk family.

I have that Tex. E-mail me at [email protected] and I can get it for you when I get home tonight.

I love it when we talk about the conference call. I was laughing my ass off and everyone at work just walked by and gave me the strangest looks.

That day definitely brought that core group together. I still like taking credit for being the first one to call in :headbang

I think the guy with the Simpsons sound waves was Konerko14

I love it when we talk about the conference call.  I was laughing my ass off and everyone at work just walked by and gave me the strangest looks.

That day definitely brought that core group together.  I still like taking credit for being the first one to call in :headbang

I think the guy with the Simpsons sound waves was Konerko14

Man I forgot all about him. I wonder where he went off to?

think the guy with the Simpsons sound waves was Konerko14 

Man I forgot all about him. I wonder where he went off to?

unless he was one of us here, i think he got banned. he used to talk a lot of s*** on the Twins board.

He used to pound the Cubs board mercilessly too.

yeah, I'm just the "trade Frank Thomas" and "kenny williams sucks" guy...I couldn't remember who did the simpsons stuff.

Well, I said "SAMMY BEATS HIS WIFE!," and "Maggs for MVP,"but no one remembered hearing it. I hope it was b/c everyone was yelling out crazy s*** and asking insane questions that I got overlooked.

those simpson wav files were absolutely hilarious. My face was probably beet red that I hadn't burst out laughing at work.

bev...I didn't realize that you were around that long. sweet deal.

when do you leave for basic? my friend just sent my pics from baghdad international, where she's stationed. Apparently it's hot as hell, but they just built a swimming pool to cool off. She's the only girl in her platoon/division/troop/pack whatever they call it, but they accomodate her quite well.

I respect her so much, as I do with all current and former servicemen/women.

good luck :headbang

when do you leave for basic? my friend just sent my pics from baghdad international, where she's stationed. Apparently it's hot as hell, but they just built a swimming pool to cool off. She's the only girl in her platoon/division/troop/pack whatever they call it, but they accomodate her quite well.

good luck 

thank you pa, i appreciate it.

I had only made about 100 posts on the board, before the conference call fiasco.

I am leaving for basic in less than 3 weeks. I am looking forward to it. I just want to get my ass kicked and get it over with.

good luck 

thank you pa, i appreciate it.

I had only made about 100 posts on the board, before the conference call fiasco.

I am leaving for basic in less than 3 weeks. I am looking forward to it. I just want to get my ass kicked and get it over with.

Hey Bev, keep in touch. Take my email if you like or just post here whenever you get the chance. It is so sad to see one of our own all grown up and becoming a man... :P

Anytime you need an escape from the hellish drill instructor or just a touch of home let us know!