GOP hearts Green Party

Rex Kickass

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 05:19 PM)
After 6 years of this President, I think a lot of them would actually agree that they are fools. There's a reason why Nader put in so much worse of a showing in 04.

Kerry would have been just as bad (probably worse).

vote Demorcrat or DIE! LOL

No different than what they did with Nader, and no different than things the left would do if say, Roy Moore or someone like that were to have run against Bush in 04.

Nader had almost nothing to do with these loses to Bush. In 2000 Gore screwed himself by not using what works Bill Clinton and by not paying attention to your home state. And the fact that his liberal supporters in FLA couldn't even read or punch a ballot right. If any of these things is done right Gore wins in 2000 if you can't win your homestate then you shouldn't be president. 2004 was a clear victory for Bush and unless Nadar took away 100K votes from Kerry in Ohio or caused Kerry to lose states that went Gore just 4 years earlier. 2004 was much closer to a stomping by Bush than a Kerry win. Kerry had to hang on for victories in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Oregon, PA and Michigan and couldn't hold onto New Mexico, Iowa. While Bush only lost NH and had comfortable wins and improved his standing in most of the other states he won in 2000.

QUOTE(minors @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 05:02 PM)
Nader had almost nothing to do with these loses to Bush. In 2000 Gore screwed himself by not using what works Bill Clinton and by not paying attention to your home state. And the fact that his liberal supporters in FLA couldn't even read or punch a ballot right. If any of these things is done right Gore wins in 2000 if you can't win your homestate then you shouldn't be president. 2004 was a clear victory for Bush and unless Nadar took away 100K votes from Kerry in Ohio or caused Kerry to lose states that went Gore just 4 years earlier. 2004 was much closer to a stomping by Bush than a Kerry win. Kerry had to hang on for victories in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Oregon, PA and Michigan and couldn't hold onto New Mexico, Iowa. While Bush only lost NH and had comfortable wins and improved his standing in most of the other states he won in 2000.

Did you even pay attention to the subject I was talking about? I was saying that this was absolutely no different than the Republicans dumping money into Nader's campaign in 04, which they did, nor was it any different from waht the Democrats would have done had someone made a run against Bush from the right.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 07:08 PM)
Did you even pay attention to the subject I was talking about? I was saying that this was absolutely no different than the Republicans dumping money into Nader's campaign in 04, which they did, nor was it any different from waht the Democrats would have done had someone made a run against Bush from the right.

looks like both parties had equal levels of competition for votes in 2004

Left

Ralph Nader 463,653

David Cobb - Green 119,850

Right

Michael Badnarik - Libertarian 397,265

Michael Peroutka - Constitution 144,498

Finance

* George W. Bush ® $367,228,801 / 62,040,610 = $5.92 / vote

* John Kerry (D) $326,236,288 / 59,028,111 = $5.52

* Ralph Nader (i) $4,566,037 / 463,653 = $9.85

* Michael Badnarik (L) $1,093,013 / 397,265 = $2.75

* Michael Peroutka © $709,087 / 144,498 = $4.91

Edited by mr_genius

And all I was saying was that a reasonable chunk of Nader's cash came from Republican donors. Here's numbers to back it up. July 04, several tens of thousands of dollars going to Nader by people who also gave to Bush. Why is this something i'm getting hammered on? I can't even figure out what you people are trying to argue.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
And all I was saying was that a reasonable chunk of Nader's cash came from Republican donors. Here's numbers to back it up. July 04, several tens of thousands of dollars going to Nader by people who also gave to Bush. Why is this something i'm getting hammered on? I can't even figure out what you people are trying to argue.

no one's hammering you, just a conversation on 3rd party influence.

oh, i think Democrats need to start donating heavily to the Libertarian party! :lol:

send the link to all your Democrat friends

http://www.lp.org/members/contribute.shtml

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)

They're hammering you because they think you're easy...

I wasn't hammering on you I was posting in General.

Santorum's people even did the signature collecting for the green party.

Six staffers on Sen. Rick Santorum's campaign - including an intern who tailed Democratic candidate Bob Casey Jr. in a duck costume - collected voter signatures to help place the Green Party on the fall ballot.

The intern, petitions show, collected signatures from voters in five counties in one day.

T.J. Rooney, the state Democratic Party chairman, and other Democrats disclosed details of the petition drive that they said offered further evidence of involvement from Santorum supporters to get Carl Romanelli, the Green Party's Senate candidate, on the ballot. Not only did Santorum aides help collect signatures for Romanelli, but Republicans and Santorum supporters put more than $60,000 into the petition drive.

It's examples such as the apparent one-person, five-county petition tour - plus unregistered voters, multiple signatures by the same person, and fake names - that could form the basis of a challenge, Rooney said. John Michael Glick - the Santorum intern who has worn a duck costume to hound Casey for "ducking" issues - appeared to have collected signatures in Beaver, Washington, Fayette, Juniata, and Schuylkill Counties, Rooney said.

"It's un-ducking-believable," he said. "Instead of his duck attire, one has to ask if he wore a Superman costume that day."

Virginia Davis, Santorum's spokeswoman, did not dispute that the senator's campaign staffers collected signatures.

• 1 month later...