Cashman Goes Off

Brian

Yankee GM Brian Cashman lambasted WFAN talk show host Chris Russo yesterday in a loud exchange that was ignited by Russo branding the newly acquired Cory Lidle as "not a good pitcher." By the end of the heated 15-minute interview, Russo apologized for upsetting Cashman. After Cashman warned Russo not to "embarrass himself" and twice said that Russo was acting unprofessional, the confrontation peaked when Russo loudly criticized the signing of Jaret Wright. At that point, a thoroughly annoyed Cashman decided to stay silent for a few moments. "I'm biting my tongue because you are irritating the heck out of me," Cashman finally said.

The host was bashing moves like Lidle, Wright, and Farnsworth and Cashman took offense.

I've listened to roughly fourteen minutes of this interview between Cashman and your typical New York sounding radio personality.

This guy heavily criticizes Cashman for obtaining Corey Lidle; basically calling him a terrible pitcher. Says there's a missing intangible to Abreu's game, doesn't identify it, then asks Cashman if he's worried about the lack of a perceived "intangible" which "every National league fan can see." It's like a maze of circular logic with this dope.

I guess it's true fans in New York are more critical. You never will hear comments like these in Chicago. I'd like to see Boers or Bernstein tell Williams MacDougal is a terrible pitcher. Or bring up past free agent signings which failed.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 02:33 PM)
I've listened to roughly fourteen minutes of this interview between Cashman and your typical New York sounding radio personality.

This guy heavily criticizes Cashman for obtaining Corey Lidle; basically calling him a terrible pitcher. Says there's a missing intangible to Abreu's game, doesn't identify it, then asks Cashman if he's worried about the lack of a perceived "intangible" which "every National league fan can see." It's like a maze of circular logic with this dope.

I guess it's true fans in New York are more critical. You never will hear comments like these in Chicago. I'd like to see Boers or Bernstein tell Williams MacDougal is a terrible pitcher. Or bring up past free agent signings which failed.

He's actually a very good pitcher, just never healthy, which is the main problem with him.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 06:47 PM)
So there is a radio personality that's worse than Mike North. Amazing...

The interview with North and Don Cooper this morning was one of the most annoying bits of radio I've ever heard. North kept trying to make jokes, and Cooper just wasn't playing along this morning.

Cashman's sensitivity is due to the fact that the moves being dissed were moves that Cashman was forced to make by the Boss IMO. Now, with Cashman signing the extension combined with the fact that King George is beginning to lose it and become alzheimer's-esque (there's a reason he doesn't make many public statements anymore), it seems like the team is gradually trying to get younger and not hand out as many stupid ass contracts. The Abreu thing is an exception, but then again they were DESPERATE for corner outfield help, and Abreu's OBP is still about .425.

However I will say this.......Cory Lidle does suck.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
So there is a radio personality that's worse than Mike North. Amazing...

Chris Russo is Mike North with a brain, only crazier.

The reason for this exchange is Russo is one of the old guard Giants baseball fans, and thus hates the Yankees. Any chance ever he rips into them...

Even 1998, when they won 114 games, and fell behind 2-1 to Cleveland in the playoffs he was gettin' all over the Yanks fans...check this out:

Edited by SouthsideNorthsideFan