Sox @ KC - 8/2 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how much love Uribe still gets, even though he seems to always make stupid, inexcusable errors like that. People are brainwashed by the catch in the World Series, and by Hawk. Sure, it was a great catch, don't get me wrong.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
I love how much love Uribe still gets, even though he seems to always make stupid, inexcusable errors like that. People are brainwashed by the catch in the World Series, and by Hawk. Sure, it was a great catch, don't get me wrong.

He is a top defensive SS, he is just playing like spiff - plain and simple.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 01:42 AM)

No offense, but please show us a little more respect than that. Outside of the last 10 games, he was a well above average defensive player. He's very streaky as a hitter, but he still produces a lot for someone making 4 million who can hit low in the order.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 01:42 AM)
wth did Uribe do? i changed the channel

Dropped a routine foul pop. I don't mean difficult....it was worse than Crede against Manny last year. Of course, he tried to catch it without two hands.

Uribe does that silly little wrist flip catch all the time. And he always looks like he's gonna drop the ball.

He really f***ed up today doing it. Seriously, he could NOT have picked a worse day to do it. You just got benched for being lazy on defense, and you do that. He's going to be sitting a while.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:44 PM)
Crede had a similar play last season and Ramirez hit the next pitch that bounced of a satelite. Crede played much better after that IIRC.

That play/game sucked.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 01:45 AM)
Uribe does that silly little wrist flip catch all the time. And he always looks like he's gonna drop the ball.

He really f***ed up today doing it. Seriously, he could NOT have picked a worse day to do it. You just got benched for being lazy on defense, and you do that. He's going to be sitting a while.

The ironic thing is that Uribe is one of the best guys in baseball at catching anything that touches his mitt.