Sox @ KC - 8/2 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:19 AM)
I'm really angry that Javy gets chance after chance after chance.

I'm really angry that Freddy gets chance after chance after chance.

I'm really angry that Politte got chance after chance after chance.

Notice a pattern? I do.

Yep....I didn't know Politte was Hispanic? :P

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
What I fail to understand is all along KW stated that McCarthy was the 6th starter and anticipated, because of 2005's workload, that the starters would need a break during the course of the season. Except for Contreras hitting the DL a couple of months ago, there have been no breaks, in fact I think the Sox still lead the league in starter's innings. So if you were worried about the toll last year, haven't rested them this year, and still lead the league in starter's innings, why do you insist on stretching the starters game after game when even idiots like me can see what is going to happen?

It's sickening to see it continueing to happen, in what seems like every loss we have. We ALL say the starter should come out (on the game thread) and then Ozzie leaves him in, and then they give up the hit/run and we all complain. It's tiring.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:21 AM)
How many other managers in baseball do you think would have replaced Pods with Mackowiak by now?

I guarantee one....Jim Leyland. It took a lot of guts for them to send Shelton down like they did, but they knew his defense was hurting them.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
And you know all we'll hear about after the game is Uribe dropping the foul ball. In reality, Pods dropping that liner was 10 times more important in this game.

Haha no fishing spiff. Ozzies complaints about Uribe could stand for Pods as well, but Scott skates free.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)
So if you were worried about the toll last year, haven't rested them this year, and still lead the league in starter's innings, why do you insist on stretching the starters game after game when even idiots like me can see what is going to happen?

Garcia doesn't need a break -- HE NEEDS MORE CONFIDENCE!1!11 Guillen leaving him out in the 7th inning to give up another run is OBVIOUSLY more important than removing him and possibly damaging his confidence. Gosh darnit, that's what makes Guillen such a good manager. He'll look into his players eyes and decide, by their words, whether or not they can continue. Great managerial technique right there.