Sox @ KC - 8/2 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
Crap...we're in trouble now. Anyone have an idea on how soon it might rain?

I think they said it would be an hour or 2. I still wouldn't take any chances and have Freddy on a short leash and not worry about his getting a W.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)
I think they said it would be an hour or 2. I still wouldn't take any chances and have Freddy on a short leash and not worry about his getting a W.

To a point, I respect Ozzie's willingness to let a pitcher pitch through a game even when he struggles so as to not deplete his bullpen...

...but when Freddy Garcia has no fastball, and Vazquez is a nut, he shouldn't look for his pitcher to win. F-ck that.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 08:36 PM)

I thought they said ~ 2 hours at the start (7:00) meaning around 9:00, which is is currently closing in on.

If I'm KC, I take a little longer to make sure my gloves are tight, my bat is clean, and my face is clean of sweat.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 01:38 AM)
I thought they said ~ 2 hours at the start (7:00) meaning around 9:00, which is is currently closing in on.

If I'm KC, I take a little longer to make sure my gloves are tight, my bat is clean, and my face is clean of sweat.

Looking at that radar, it's going to be within 45 minutes.