Sox @ KC - 8/2 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:03 AM)
No fathom, no. He had the right inflection in his voice.

:lolhitting

I can't believe I forgot to add a "you know" for Ozzie's dialogue.

Some strong words by Hawk....I wonder if he actually believes it though.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:02 PM)
He was talking about Detroit vs. Tampa, and us vs. Tampa, or atleast he makes it seem that way, since he was responding to a post about Detroit looking bad against Tampa. Go back and check it out if you are confused.

Bingo.

We played down in the juicebox and dropped 2 out of 3. They went down to the juice box and won 2 out of 3. We play the royals and we lose games here and there. They play the royals and have lost one. These are some of the reason that we are looking up at a 8 1/2 game lead right now.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:04 PM)
Bingo.

We played down in the juicebox and dropped 2 out of 3. They went down to the juice box and won 2 out of 3. We play the royals and we lose games here and there. They play the royals and have lost one. These are some of the reason that we are looking up at a 8 1/2 game lead right now.

Thank you.

Would it kill Sox pitchers to change the gameplan during the game from nibbling the corner early to jamming guys inside later?!? The whole game, Sox starters nibble that outside corner to death early but don't bother jamming guys inside at all. I can't count how many opposite field hits righties and lefties have had against all the starters except for Garland who's been throwing that sinker on everyone's hands.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:06 PM)
Some pathetic managing here. At this point in the game, Garcia had absolutely no reason to still be in this game.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
Pitching change now? We don't have a lot of time to waste.

*sigh*

He just can't win, can he?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:06 PM)
Some pathetic managing here. At this point in the game, Garcia had absolutely no reason to still be in this game.

Honestly, I am so tired of hearing this. It seems like everyday, Ozzie finds a way to make a terrible move. I want them to install an online, fan-managing system similar to what the Flyers did in Schaumburg. We'd win so many more games, or atleast have a chance to.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 07:05 PM)
Two reasons we're currently losing tonight:

-Freddy Garcia's subpar pitching

-Pods' defense

But hey, at least it's something new, and not the same thing that always beats us.

Imo, this isn't on Garcia. He's kept them in the game and while he's sucked this inning, prior to this most of it was on the defense.

Oh and giving up hits to Teahen is not something I can really gripe about considering the guy was the best offensive player in the month of july.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We are getting 3 hit by Luke Hudson.

And Ozzie still doesnt know when to pull a starter. Late in the game, day off tomorrow.

I just looked at that too, and then I saw our lineup, and it's not shocker.

Ozzie's plan backfires. shocking Let's put on another base runner with two outs to face a guy who's perfect on the night.

What is that spiff?

Why is ozzie so obssessed with righty on righty, and lefty on lefty matchups yet he doesn't start Mack tonight,

*throws hands in air in disgust*

QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:06 AM)
Would it kill Sox pitchers to change the gameplan during the game from nibbling the corner early to jamming guys inside later?!? The whole game, Sox starters nibble that outside corner to death early but don't bother jamming guys inside at all. I can't count how many opposite field hits righties and lefties have had against all the starters except for Garland who's been throwing that sinker on everyone's hands.

When you lose velocity, you lose your confidence to throw it inside effectively. There's been many times this year where Garcia and Buehrle tried to jam someone, and the "jam" went 400 feet.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:05 AM)
Two reasons we're currently losing tonight:

-Freddy Garcia's subpar pitching

-Pods' defense

But hey, at least it's something new, and not the same thing that always beats us.

Another thing that killed them was not playing some smartball early on, especially with Jim and paulie out. There was no reason why Cintron shouldn't have tried a suicide squeeze in that 3rd with runners on the corners and one out.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
Imo, this isn't on Garcia. He's kept them in the game and while he's sucked this inning, prior to this most of it was on the defense.

Oh and giving up hits to Teahen is not something I can really gripe about considering the guy was the best offensive player in the month of july.

i gotta agree with you on this one.

Freddy pitched damn well for the first 6 innings and ozzie just has no idea when to pull a starter.

This is on ozzie and a bad offensive performance

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:06 AM)
*sigh*

He just can't win, can he?

What I meant is that if he was going to pull Garcia to let Cotts face Costa, why didn't he pull Garcia earlier when the red hot Teahen was up? Teahen had some great swings against Garcia tonight...and he's likely the offensive hero of this game.