Sox @ KC - 8/2 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:14 AM)
Sox had some momentum going there but Cintron just killed it with that double play. This was a game that required some '05 grinder play but either Ozzie forgot how that went or forgot his own edict about bunting better.

Now Uribe homers, that extra run would have helped.

2005 grinder play worked with 2005 Sox starting pitching.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:10 PM)
ozzie seems to be one of those managers where if things are going well he's a genious, and if the team starts to slip a little bit its all blamed on him

Anyone who is willing to, one, defend Guillen's decision to leave out Garcia; two, intentionally walk one player to face another whose yet to record an out -- but is righthanded -- is certifiably baseball retarded.

Guillen ALWAYS does this with Garcia. It's maddening to watch. He'll continually leave him out one inning too long, or one player too long, when it's obvious a change is necessary.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:12 PM)
You can remove Ozzie's name and change that to any sport at any level.

well what I meant is that ozzie isn't as conventional, so you only buy what he's doing when it translates to success, but after further thought thats still how you judge everyone else

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
Giving up 4 earned to the Royals doesnt make me feel too good when he faces the Yanks at home in the heat.

Agreed, it's going to be fun to watch for the Yanks fans I guess.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
Giving up 4 earned to the Royals doesnt make me feel too good when he faces the Yanks at home in the heat.

it should actually be a bit cooler by tuesday, but yea I wish I was going to a different game in the series

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:16 AM)
That's a damn good question. Seeing that Shealy was 2-2 with a walk, I guess he was "due" for an out."

BRING IN SISCO!!!!

Sisco = Sox rally starter. Too bad he's in the minors right now.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:16 PM)
Yeah. I mean, he is the reason we won the WS. He should be the reason we're losing now, right?

When players don't perform to their capabilities it's on the players. When they do, as they did last year, it's a credit to Guillen. Didn't you know?

What I fail to understand is all along KW stated that McCarthy was the 6th starter and anticipated, because of 2005's workload, that the starters would need a break during the course of the season. Except for Contreras hitting the DL a couple of months ago, there have been no breaks, in fact I think the Sox still lead the league in starter's innings. So if you were worried about the toll last year, haven't rested them this year, and still lead the league in starter's innings, why do you insist on stretching the starters game after game when even idiots like me can see what is going to happen?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)
I'm really angry that Pods gets chance after chance after chance.

I'm really angry that Javy gets chance after chance after chance.

I'm really angry that Freddy gets chance after chance after chance.

I'm really angry that Politte got chance after chance after chance.

I'm really angry that Widger got chance after chance after chance.

Notice a pattern? I do.

Edited by TitoMB345

When players don't perform to their capabilities it's on the players. When they do, as they did last year, it's a credit to Guillen. Didn't you know?

Maybe it is to people who don't know the game Flash.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:18 AM)
I'm really angry that Pods gets chance after chance after chance.

And you know all we'll hear about after the game is Uribe dropping the foul ball. In reality, Pods dropping that liner was 10 times more important in this game.