Sox @ KC - 8/2 Game Thread

Heads22

Really Freddy has pitched good thus far, but we give up a run thanks to a bleed single (on second look it probably wasn't Freddy's fault, it just found the right place) and than our piece of spiff left fielder made yet another blunder that cost us a run and made Freddy throw XTRA pitches.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 07:43 PM)
I'd be thrilled if our SP and LF were on a different team next season. It's too guys that have seen their physical skills deteriorate way too soon in their career.

Freddy will show you.

I promise you.

Put Mackowiak out there, and next time he lets a ball drop in front of him, Garcia will shake and TURN INTO A RAGING HULKAMANIAC ON THE MOUND!

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 12:45 AM)
i really believe that neither of them will be on the team next year

I'll believe it when I see it that Garcia is no longer on the team. I have a feeling Ozzie is going to have a very tough time letting him go. As for Pods...I'm not even sure he's going to end up starting for this team by the end of this season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)
I absolutely agree. Gload is bad on defense, but it's almost impossible to be worse than Pods out there.

I actually think people are overly harsh on Gload's defense. He was pretty solid in the OF on ocassions in Charlotte when I saw him play and I think in his case you give him some consistent time out there and he'll be far better than Pods and is already no worse than Pods (yes, Pods really is that bad).

Plus Gload has a great approach at the plate and since Scotty can't steal bases, Gload really isn't much of a downgrade in terms of speed.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 12:46 AM)
Anyone notice Freddy's reaction after the infield single by Shealy? I think he showed up another teammate.

Maybe if our players would communicate on the field, they might have been able to have a chance to get him out.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 12:47 AM)
I actually think people are overly harsh on Gload's defense. He was pretty solid in the OF on ocassions in Charlotte when I saw him play and I think in his case you give him some consistent time out there and he'll be far better than Pods and is already no worse than Pods (yes, Pods really is that bad).

Plus Gload has a great approach at the plate and since Scotty can't steal bases, Gload really isn't much of a downgrade in terms of speed.

Gload is faster getting down the first base line now, as he hustles his ass off.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 05:48 PM)
Gload is faster getting down the first base line now, as he hustles his ass off.

Well in general Gload is a very good base runner and a pretty heads up player. He's so consistent that i have no doubt that he could hit .300 or near .300 as an everyday player. He lacks pop but I also think he could hit 15 Hr's. Problem is he's always stuck on the wrong teams (behind so many good 1st baseman whether it was in Colorado, the Northside or here).

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)
I've been calling for Mack to lead off for a while now. A long time.

The one flaw I'd have with Mack is I don't think he does a good enough job working the count. But Mack would be a major upgrade defensively and like Gload, Mack is an above average baserunner who does the little things.