*OFFICIAL* Negative Javier Vazquez comment threads

santo=dorf

In the interest of keeping unrelated negative Javy posts in game threads, threads about Ozzie, or trade rumor threads I made this thread for people to vent. He will be pitching against the Blue Jays this Saturday, and he probably won't do too well because he has been crushed by their great hitting team every time he faced them. I still think he'll come along, but not until Ozzie starts using him properly

So have at it.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 03:26 AM)
Are you serious? You are blaming Ozzie for Vaz's mediocrity/spifftiness?

My god.

No, we're not blaming Ozzie for all of his struggles. However, he could have been managed much differently this year. His numbers after 75 pitches are amazingly bad.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you serious? You are blaming Ozzie for Vaz's mediocrity/spifftiness?

My god.

See Ray Charles' comment.

His pitches very well BEFORE the 6th. Ozzie completely mishandled that last game, but Javy needs to fight through it.

Let's say JAvy is doing fine after 5. When do you pull him? Before the 6th starts? Give him one out at a time and pull him as soon as he gives up a runner?

Last time I thought it was so easy. He just got a 4-2 lead, then the first batter of the 6th inning hits a homer. Javy is frustrated, yet you can pull him at that point and have him be the winner of the game, but it was horribly managed.

It's KW's fault more than Ozzie's.

If he is a five inning guy then implodes he does not belong on a

major league roster.

If Oz has him to use, he's got to be able to go 6-7.

Managers play the guys on the roster.

It ain't his fault Vaz has sucked.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)

major league roster.

We are trying to win and get into the postseason. If he cant pitch past the 6th without blowing up, then why keep putting him out there. This is not like this is a fluke. His ERA is his for a reason. He has an over 10 ERA past 75 pitches for a reason. So just saying he's got to be able to go 6-7 then trot him out. Hang up the season then, and lets regroup for next year. Because between he and Freddy we have to slug our way to each victory.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 04:11 AM)

major league roster.

Ozzie was one of the main reasons we went after Vazquez, if not the main reason.

Yes but was Vaz a 5 inning pitcher when Oz wanted us to get him?

Is this his history?

All I am saying is if he is a five inning guy then KW should demand we

switch roles and make McCarthy the starter.

A manager has to expect more than 5 innings from a starter especially

one who is as highly paid as Vaz.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 04:51 AM)
Yes but was Vaz a 5 inning pitcher when Oz wanted us to get him?

Is this his history?

All I am saying is if he is a five inning guy then KW should demand we

switch roles and make McCarthy the starter.

A manager has to expect more than 5 innings from a starter especially

one who is as highly paid as Vaz.

He was known as a pitcher that could give you a lot of innings....but with each inning comes the chance of another implosion by him. For the last few years, he's definitely been "Judy" Vazquez (I hate the whole Judy thing, but it fits well here).

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:14 PM)
Can we make this a Freddy and Javy thread. They both suck. They both get too much rope.

In light of this, I wanted to make a comment on Freddy and didn't want to start a whole new thread.

I hate this comment from the times this morning...''I made my pitches,'' Garcia said. ''I never really pitch good here, but I threw well. We didn't hit. What can I say?''

First off 4 earned runs in 6 innings isn't pitching well. Better? Yes....but not well. Second, don't blame the hitters. I know they didn't hit..they know they didn't hit, but you lost collectively. This is the big difference between Freddy and someone like Buehrle. Mark would never say something like "I did my job, but they didn't hit" He would say "my team gave me the lead and I blew it." Freddy needs to be taught the meaning of TEAM again. When he gives up 5, 6 or 8 runs, Do the hitters say...hey Freddy blew it.

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 08:26 AM)
In light of this, I wanted to make a comment on Freddy and didn't want to start a whole new thread.

I hate this comment from the times this morning...''I made my pitches,'' Garcia said. ''I never really pitch good here, but I threw well. We didn't hit. What can I say?''

First off 4 earned runs in 6 innings isn't pitching well. Better? Yes....but not well. Second, don't blame the hitters. I know they didn't hit..they know they didn't hit, but you lost collectively. This is the big difference between Freddy and someone like Buehrle. Mark would never say something like "I did my job, but they didn't hit" He would say "my team gave me the lead and I blew it." Freddy needs to be taught the meaning of TEAM again. When he gives up 5, 6 or 8 runs, Do the hitters say...hey Freddy blew it.

Don't let Milkman see this post. :P

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 01:26 PM)

I can't believe Freddy made these comments. What an absolute terrible attitude. I wonder what Ozzie will have to say about this. I can only hope that this type of comment only adds to the possibility that Garcia is traded this offseason.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 08:56 AM)
I can't believe Freddy made these comments. What an absolute terrible attitude. I wonder what Ozzie will have to say about this.

Probably nothing.

Certain guys don't seem to get much criticism from Ozzie. Pods and his lazy jogs to first, Freddy when he shows up teammates, etc.

Edited by BigSqwert