*OFFICIAL* Negative Javier Vazquez comment threads

santo=dorf

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 08:27 AM)
Don't let Milkman see this post. :P

Too late.

So, now Freddy has shown up his teammates three times on the field this year (that we know of) and now this? It must be fudging sweet to be the manager's nephew. You get to suck and blame it on everyone else.

I guess we can't blame Freddy for these comments, as he probably just got finished smoking a doob and eating 6 bags of Doritos. We all know it's hard to bite your tongue under those circumstances.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 09:21 AM)
Too late.

So, now Freddy has shown up his teammates three times on the field this year (that we know of) and now this? It must be fudging sweet to be the manager's nephew. You get to suck and blame it on everyone else.

I guess we can't blame Freddy for these comments, as he probably just got finished smoking a doob and eating 6 bags of Doritos. We all know it's hard to bite your tongue under those circumstances.

He just needs to go after this season. I'd take some prospects for him and free up some money for free agency/re-signing Crede.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 08:26 AM)
In light of this, I wanted to make a comment on Freddy and didn't want to start a whole new thread.

I hate this comment from the times this morning...''I made my pitches,'' Garcia said. ''I never really pitch good here, but I threw well. We didn't hit. What can I say?''

First off 4 earned runs in 6 innings isn't pitching well. Better? Yes....but not well. Second, don't blame the hitters. I know they didn't hit..they know they didn't hit, but you lost collectively. This is the big difference between Freddy and someone like Buehrle. Mark would never say something like "I did my job, but they didn't hit" He would say "my team gave me the lead and I blew it." Freddy needs to be taught the meaning of TEAM again. When he gives up 5, 6 or 8 runs, Do the hitters say...hey Freddy blew it.

Jamie Navarro II

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 09:24 AM)
He just needs to go after this season. I'd take some prospects for him and free up some money for free agency/re-signing Crede.

I'd take anything, as long as it gets rid of him and puts McCarthy into the rotation. If someone would take him and his money (this goes for Vazquez, too), I'd take the most hopeless prospect they have in return.

I pray this will actually do something:

From two bullpen sessions to a change in delivery, the White Sox hope recent adjustments will help Javier Vazquez overcome his sixth-inning problems.

"I would have to describe this as more than an alteration," pitching coach Don Cooper said Wednesday. "It's an area between alteration and change, that's where it kind of lies. And to make a long story short, we're trying to get him tall, back and closed on a more consistent basis."

Vazquez's problems with the New York Yankees during the second half of the 2004 season stemmed from lowering his arm angle, and some of his pitches with the Sox haven't had the same slope.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 09:37 AM)
I'd take anything, as long as it gets rid of him and puts McCarthy into the rotation. If someone would take him and his money (this goes for Vazquez, too), I'd take the most hopeless prospect they have in return.

We should have just done that now. Only place Vazquez's trade value is going is down. No reason to wait and pee away this season.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 08:58 AM)
Probably nothing.

Certain guys don't seem to get much criticism from Ozzie. Pods and his lazy jogs to first, Freddy when he shows up teammates, etc.

This is absolutely true. Freddy will get by scotch free because Ozzie and him are family, period. Again, I hope I am proven wrong, but I just don't see it happening.

Ozzie was irritated when Freddy showed up Iguchi on the rainy day a couple of months ago, but Freddy does get a pass in most circumstances. But its no different with the White Sox as it is in any line of work. Some people get pounded by their superiors for usually no good reason, some get away with everything. I wish Ozzie would make it a point to get rid of the courtesy jog to first base on routine grounders. Either run it out, or just walk back to the dugout, and save yourself the BS of half assing it to first base.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 01:10 AM)
I pray this will actually do something:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

It's funny how Coop tried that with Contreras, and it basically ruined all of the momentum he had going.

Hopefully that doesn't happen here (well Vazquez doesn't have any momentum going does he?). :lol: Might as well try anything with him at this stage though.