Vazquez idea

gosox41

I won't take credit (or blame) for this one as my friend thought of it. Right now PK and Thome are hurt and neither may play Friday. The Sox are facing Halliday on Friday who is tough enough to bat even with PK and Thome healthy and in the line up. My friend and I both agree Vazquez sucks.

So why not Garland and Vazquez in the rotation? Wit Thursday off, Vazquez gets his regular rest. JG pitches better after extended breaks. The theory is that since Vazquez is pretty much a lost cause when he pitches, and it doesn't mess up the rest of the rotation why not throw our suckiest pitcher against the Blue Jays most dominant?

This may have a 'lose' mentality about it, but how do you expect Vazquez to pitch against Toronto, a good offensive team? Based on his recent trends we're looking at 5-6 runs in hs usual 4-5 innings. It's hard to score the 6-7 necessary to beat that, but it's going to be that much harder against a Cy Young candidate.

Of course if you actually have faith that Vazquez will actually pitch well for once then this goes out the window.

Bob