redding another chance

Bubba Philips

Can Tim Redding help us in long relief? On 8/2 he pitched 6 innnings of shut out baseball for Charlotte against the Durham bulls. He did have some good major league years. His last good year was 03.He had record of 10/14 with a 3.64 era. Is there anything left in the tank for the 06 sox?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 08:49 PM)
He's bad.

Real bad.

QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
We should trade Buehrle and give Redding his spot in the rotation. At least he might be able to pitch well inside!

Quite the weak attempt at sarcasm.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 09:13 PM)
Real bad.

Quite the weak attempt at sarcasm.

Ok, I know he hasn't had a good season since the Bartmon ball but why do the sox have in on the Charlotte roster. Will he have a second coming or something?

QUOTE(forrestg @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 10:13 PM)
Ok, I know he hasn't had a good season since the Bartmon ball but why do the sox have in on the Charlotte roster. Will he have a second coming or something?

QUOTE(forrestg @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can Tim Redding help us in long relief? On 8/2 he pitched 6 innnings of shut out baseball for Charlotte against the Durham bulls. He did have some good major league years. His last good year was 03.He had record of 10/14 with a 3.64 era. Is there anything left in the tank for the 06 sox?

So which side of your family is Tim Redding on?

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 10:17 PM)
So which side of your family is Tim Redding on?

Tim is no longer a member of my family. He was removed because he brought dishonor to our family and refused to commit Harry Carry. I just can't figure out why the sox are keeping him. Is there an upside or is the minor league a good place to be when you're 28 after failing at the major league level?

Edited by forrestg

I'm a little curious about something: how many of you have actually seen Redding pitch this year? I mean, just going by stats it looks like he's having a very good season, but they don't tell all. Have you read reports on how hard he's throwing or something? Otherwise, I don't know how all of you are so sure that he's as horrible as you say. Are you just saying that b/c of the fact that since the Sox haven't called him up yet, you just figure he's bad? If so, that's a pretty good guess. But, I just want to see where all yall are getting your opinions from.

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 05:10 AM)
I'm a little curious about something: how many of you have actually seen Redding pitch this year? I mean, just going by stats it looks like he's having a very good season, but they don't tell all. Have you read reports on how hard he's throwing or something? Otherwise, I don't know how all of you are so sure that he's as horrible as you say. Are you just saying that b/c of the fact that since the Sox haven't called him up yet, you just figure he's bad? If so, that's a pretty good guess. But, I just want to see where all yall are getting your opinions from.

watched him start a couple games and have read reviews of some starts online.

QUOTE(rowand @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 01:21 PM)
i would bet 90% of the people who say he is horrible have never seen him pitch outside houston a couple years ago. don't listen to our local scouts, they are basically espn analysts (sorry for the harsh words).

He has a career 5.16 ERA and 1.54 WHIP. He's horrible.

I'm a little curious about something: how many of you have actually seen Redding pitch this year?

I saw him pitch in Indianapolis in May. He lost 1-0 and he was in trouble (10 hits, 1 BB) alot. He didn't appear to throw very hard (maybe upper 80s).

424853.jpg

QUOTE(Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 11:27 PM)
Thanks for being there to police sarcasm. That's real important, and God bless you for saving us from this type of activity.

I really don't think I was addressing you, please refrain from posting such things of this nature in the future. Thank you.