Sox at Toronto

BurlyMan56

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone was making the trip up there this weekend. I'm leaving tomorrow with a couple college buddies as a roadtrip before school again. Anyone recommend the bars or whatever while we're there? We're looking forward to drinking legally with the canadian beer :drink Take it easy guys and I'll try to bring a White Sox Sweep. :sweep:

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 03:49 AM)
Hopefully Geddy Lee will attend at least one of the games. The Sox usually win when he's in attendance, although he does like to go when Halladay is on the mound.

As long as it's Geddy Lee and not Anne Murray...or Celine Dion.

Have fun...Soxtalk will be with you.

QUOTE(BurlyMan56 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 02:04 AM)
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone was making the trip up there this weekend. I'm leaving tomorrow with a couple college buddies as a roadtrip before school again. Anyone recommend the bars or whatever while we're there? We're looking forward to drinking legally with the canadian beer :drink Take it easy guys and I'll try to bring a White Sox Sweep. :sweep:

Have a Molson on me.

QUOTE(El Barto @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 01:56 PM)
There is lots to do around the stadium in terms of bars and other stuff. Saw a couple of games up there last month and had a great time. Have a good time.

I was in Toronto about 10 years ago. Didn't make it to a game at what was then called the SkyDome, but it's right in the middle of a downtown entertainment district that reminded me of River North.

Wayne Gretzky at that time had a bar within half a block of the stadium, 99 Blue Jay Way. I bumped into Mark Messier and Grant Fuhr there.

QUOTE(Misplaced_Sox @ Aug 6, 2006 -> 02:08 AM)
Chicago's dirty? Whats New York and LA?

Unless you have been up there, its hard to explain. The people are nicer, life is a little slower, Toronto is a lot cleaner. Its a beautiful city. Chicago has been cleaned up a lot over the last 10-15 years, but it is no where close to Toronto.