Official Game Thread 8/4 - Sox vs Jays 6:05

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thome has done very well against Halladay in the few times he has faced him. Hopefully, he won't be rusty tonight. It will be a pretty big feat to get a win tonight, and could propel the White Sox into a hot streak. The 4 out of 6 so far on this trip is acceptable but not great IMO.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 05:09 PM)
Thome has done very well against Halladay in the few times he has faced him. Hopefully, he won't be rusty tonight. It will be a pretty big feat to get a win tonight, and could propel the White Sox into a hot streak. The 4 out of 6 so far on this trip is acceptable but not great IMO.

Do I come off too harsh if I say 4 out of 6 isn't acceptable? I mean, if it werent the Orioles and Royals, I'd be all for it, but come on... especially in the heat of a huge four team wild card, kinda. I understand the loss to the Royals, only because of injuries to the heart (in two ways) of our lineup. 5 out of 6 would be acceptable, 6 out of 6 would be good. Sorry, but we need those.

That said, I hope we get it DONE tonight. LETS GO SOX!

Mackowiak in center :crying I won't get to see "Goldie" Anderson. :wub:

One good thing about this series is that the Toronto bullpen was really taxed in the New York series. If Garland can quiet Toronto, the Sox definitely have a chance to take the first game of the series. I just wonder how well Konerko's elbow is going to feel tonight

Edit: just to add to this, one of the Canadian sports networks just broadcasted Ozzie's rant regarding changing the lineup if things don't change. If he can't right this ship, I really don't know who can

Edited by soxunited

Why is it Cintron isn't in there against a tough rightie but Mack is. We need fishing defense tonight and we are sitting our best defender. Why not sit Uribe???? He hasn't really been lights out with the glove. Hudson made him like silly Halladay is going to embarass him.

Game over 7-3 Jays......sorry

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:27 AM)
And I hope to God Mack doesn't start in CF, but against a tough righty, I'm betting he will, which of course guarantees that Garland won't be able to pitch a shutout.

Ok, I called it...so folks, now's the question...how many runs will Mack being in CF lead directly to (ball dropping leads directly to a run), and how many will it lead indirectly to (i.e. balls dropping that shouldn't leads to Garland tiring earlier because of additional pitches thrown)

I'm gonna guess 1 and 2.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 06:07 PM)
Ok, I called it...so folks, now's the question...how many runs will Mack being in CF lead directly to (ball dropping leads directly to a run), and how many will it lead indirectly to (i.e. balls dropping that shouldn't leads to Garland tiring earlier because of additional pitches thrown)

I'm gonna guess 1 and 2.

The numbers you are throwing out there are consistent with a Mack start, but I'll say 0 direct, but 2 indirect.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
31 pitch first inning for Halladay, 17 strikes, 14 balls.

14 of those pitches were thrown to Thome and Konerko. Nice to have them back, that's for sure.

So far his running fastball is his out pitch ..... hopefully the rest of his arsenal continues to be so-so. Not likely though.