Official Game Thread 8/4 - Sox vs Jays 6:05

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One great thing Garland did tonight was not hang his head after the big homer in the first. It would have been very easy to become demoralized being down 3-0 against Halladay even with the Sox sporting their A team offense. He kept them at 3. I would never have guessed it.

Ya, afterall, take away the first two months of the season and no starter on our staff is even close to him.

April - 7.11 ERA

May - 5.40 ERA

June - 4.50 ERA

So basically, he's had only one good month.

Than here was last year where he was our best and most consistent pitcher.

Then there's every other year of his major league career which have been dog droppings.

Without Jon we'd be about 4 more games back.

And if he'd pitched this season like a #3 starter instead of a #5 starter, we'd be at least 4 games better in the standings, and still contending for the divison.

He's been the only going doing anything in this rotation since the break.

That, I'll give you. Compared to the rest of this stinking rotation, he's looked pretty good since the break.

Wow, Dye just hammered it but right at the 2nd baseman for a DP. Thats the second time he's totally creamed the ball with runners on but has had nothing to show.

Hopefully AJ can pick him up again.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 06:10 PM)
April - 7.11 ERA

May - 5.40 ERA

June - 4.50 ERA

Then there's every other year of his major league career which have been dog droppings.

And if he'd pitched this season like a #3 starter instead of a #5 starter, we'd be at least 4 games better in the standings, and still contending for the divison.

That, I'll give you. Compared to the rest of this stinking rotation, he's looked pretty good since the break.

Pretty good...aside from Lackey and Liriano I couldn't name a starter in the baseball thats been better than Jon over the past 6 or 8 starts.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
One great thing Garland did tonight was not hang his head after the big homer in the first. It would have been very easy to become demoralized being down 3-0 against Halladay even with the Sox sporting their A team offense. He kept them at 3. I would never have guessed it.

Yeah he did. I thought for sure he'd give up 5 runs by the 5th at that pace. A good start.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
April - 7.11 ERA

May - 5.40 ERA

June - 4.50 ERA

I guess 15 wins a year is crap.

Wow, Dye just hammered it but right at the 2nd baseman for a DP. Thats the second time he's totally creamed the ball with runners on but has had nothing to show.

Hopefully AJ can pick him up again.

Pretty good...aside from Lackey and Liriano I couldn't name a starter in the baseball thats been better than Jon over the past 6 or 8 starts.

Yes, and ALL one can say that is good about Garland this season is that he's been good over the last 6-8 starts. That doesn't make up for 3 months of suckage.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 06:12 PM)
Yes, and ALL one can say that is good about Garland this season is that he's been good over the last 6-8 starts. That doesn't make up for 3 months of suckage.

doesn't garland have the most wins of any AL pitcher over the last two years? Something like that?

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:13 PM)
If you don't know that pitching wins is as much about run support as it is about pitching, then I really can't have an intelligent debate with you.

He's been dynamite since July. If you can't tell he's a different pitcher lately, that's too bad.

He got 11 wins in one month and only 3 in the suckage months, get a clue.

Garland has been crap this year except for one month. Have you been following the Sox this season. That has been pretty obvious.

Anyone who argues about how good a pitcher is by arguing his pitching wins really shouldn't waste their time making an argument at all.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Aug 4, 2006 -> 08:15 PM)
Garland has been crap this year except for one month. Have you been following the Sox this season. That has been pretty obvious.

Anyone who argues about how good a pitcher is by arguing his pitching wins really shouldn't waste their time making an argument at all.

Talking the way you are is going to get you kicked off sooner rather than later.